cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oculus quest 2 controller input

Tobi300
Honored Guest

Hi I just tried a free horror game called VR storyteller episode 0 but when I enter the game it won´t react to any inputs it just lets me look around. Same thing with the game called "one". There appears a message that says "press the trigger button to interact with objects" but no matter what I press nothing happens. Help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

iMight404
Retired Support

I second what Kojack said. Some games also do say they support touch controllers, but the experience is very limited. I tried out a Backrooms vr game recently but the experience was less than favorable. Some buttons didn't work, once you interacted with an object the menu wouldn't close, etc. So it really depends on the game itself and whether or not it's actually optimized for touch support. This part is only applicable to steam vr, but I would recommend checking your bindings as well. Additionally, I know there's issues sometimes in certain games. For example, for the longest time in VRChat the entire right controller wasn't detected as far as input goes unless you restart the application and are keeping the controller awake by moving the stick around while the game loads.

TLDR; The game is probably buggy, not optimized for touch controllers, or uses a different method of control entirely.

Take your destiny into your own hands. Sand cannot keep a shape by itself, but add water and it becomes malleable. Fate can be such, if you add the right element.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

kojack
MVP
MVP

From what I can see online, VR Storyteller Episode 0 only works with xbox controllers or keyboard. It doesn't support the Quest 2 Touch controllers.

One should work though, it claims to support Touch controllers. I've never played it though.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

iMight404
Retired Support

I second what Kojack said. Some games also do say they support touch controllers, but the experience is very limited. I tried out a Backrooms vr game recently but the experience was less than favorable. Some buttons didn't work, once you interacted with an object the menu wouldn't close, etc. So it really depends on the game itself and whether or not it's actually optimized for touch support. This part is only applicable to steam vr, but I would recommend checking your bindings as well. Additionally, I know there's issues sometimes in certain games. For example, for the longest time in VRChat the entire right controller wasn't detected as far as input goes unless you restart the application and are keeping the controller awake by moving the stick around while the game loads.

TLDR; The game is probably buggy, not optimized for touch controllers, or uses a different method of control entirely.

Take your destiny into your own hands. Sand cannot keep a shape by itself, but add water and it becomes malleable. Fate can be such, if you add the right element.