cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oculus quest 2 not setting up boundary and glitching out controllers

Millo_Sunshine
Honored Guest

when i boot up my oculus it asks me to set up a boundary but i cant because it glitches the hud and controllers, and even if i manage to set it up it just resets the boundary and tells me to make a new one.

12 REPLIES 12

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Salutations, Millo Sunshine We were regretful to hear that you were having problems with your Guardian, but as we have been in your position before, we can comprehend how confusing this situation may be. Please allow us to look into this more, do more for you, and get you back to the action.

1. Have you attempted to reset the headset?
  2. Have you tried checking the settings for the Guardian?
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Millo_Sunshine
Honored Guest

yes i have reset my oculus but that didnt work, plus i cant check the guardian settings because i cant even get past the boundary set up because of the glitchy hud and controllers

Salutations, Millo Sunshine We appreciate you getting in touch with us again and providing the specifics of your actions. Have you also tried a factory reset? If so, did the problem persist?

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello, Millo Sunshine. We're checking in with you to see whether you still need assistance with your Quest not setting up boundaries. If so, don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

I am now having this exact same issue. Did you ever get it resolved and, if so, how?

me as well having the same issue and can't pass through the new boundy setup screen , i tried to make it atationary but it keep glichting and suddenly gives the 3 loading dots but the controllers are responsive

this problem was usualy happening but it was being fixed by itself

Hi there @Amrmfarag, we see you are having issues with your headset not being able to setup a boundary without the 3 loading dots appearing on the screen. We understand how important it is for you to get back into your headset and enjoy the amazing world of VR, therefore, we would love nothing more than to assist you on this matter!

Can you please try rebooting your headset?

To reboot your headset:

1. With your headset on and powered on, press and hold the power button on the right side of your headset until you see the Power off screen.
  2. Select Restart. Your headset will turn off and then turn back on.

If you're unable to reboot your headset:

1. Press and hold the power button for at least 10 seconds. This will manually turn off your headset.
  2. Wait 30 seconds.
  3. Press and hold the power button until your headset turns back on.

If that doesn't help, please try factory resetting your headset as a last resort:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Let us know how this goes!

Hiya! We're just popping in to see if you are still needing assistance with your guardian setup. If so, please don't hesitate to let us know, thank you!

Will a factory reset get rid of my data