cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oculus rift s - no display port on my computer

ruben_Ivanov
Explorer

i have an oculus rift s which included the controllers and the headset. i connected the usb cable into my computer which seemed to work as the light went on. problem came in when i realized that i didnt have a display port on my graphics card/computer. i tried searching for a display port to hdmi adapter online but all of them didnt look compatible. i have an rx 580 8gb. please help, i dont want to have my money wasted...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

hi, just replying to let you know ive fixed the problem. i found out my monitor was using the one display port i did have so i unplugged that and plugged in my oculus and everything else worked, and had to use a hdmi cable for my monitor. thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ruben_Ivanov
Explorer

an image of my graphics cards' ports, let me know if you need the whole computers backsidean image of my graphics cards' ports, let me know if you need the whole computers backside

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @ruben_Ivanov! We appreciate you reaching out about this, so let us know if we are understanding your problem correctly. You are wanting to know what hdmi adapter is compatible with your computer? Please get back to us soon, we want to help you get this resolved as soon as possible.

Have a good day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

hi, just replying to let you know ive fixed the problem. i found out my monitor was using the one display port i did have so i unplugged that and plugged in my oculus and everything else worked, and had to use a hdmi cable for my monitor. thanks

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?