cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

official link cable stopped working

Nat0mat1c
Honored Guest

I've been using quest link with the official link cable and my quest 2 for a few months now but all of a sudden the cable has stopped working.

the cable will still charge my quest 2 but it will no longer connect to my PC. if i use the charging cable that came with my quest 2 i can use link but of course at only USB 2 speeds and the cable itself is too short.

I don't think this is an issue with either my quest 2 or PC as they work with my charging cable and i have tried factory resetting my quest 2 and repairing the oculus app but it makes no difference.

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Nat0mat1c, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We totally understand your concern with the pc not recognizing your link cable aside from charging! It's not fun and we want to get you the help you need. Please make sure that your USB drivers are updated to the latest edition. New releases are published frequently so it can be a common cause of link issues. If the problem still persists, please chat with our Online Support Team so they can provide more thorough and advanced troubleshooting! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!