cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pattern bypass feature and saving all game data to cloud

RedWolf10yt
Honored Guest

As a recent victim of forgetting my oculus pattern and having to factory reset i believe that there should be a feature (whether on the oculus app or on the headset itself) that can bypass the security pattern and reset it or remove it from your device. This would be a good feature to add as many people have already requested for it to be added, a oculus support agent said that it would be a great feature to add and it would save users many hours or days or months of playtime just because they forgot a pattern. I really hope that it will be added as I've just had to factory reset and lose all of my games progress. Another feature that could be added to stop this from happening is to let people save all game data to the cloud as cloud data does not get affected by a factory reset.

2 REPLIES 2

Cloud-saving is already here and used in a number of current games.

However, including an on-headset method of bypassing any security feature would render the feature worthless. The whole point is to make it impossible to access a stolen headset without a factory reset. If you think you may have trouble remembering a pattern and have no way of saving a reminder for yourself anywhere, don't set one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you used any account with a password ever? "Forgot password" is a pretty standard feature on any portal since forever, a forgotten pattern should also be resettable by providing the Oculus PIN or requesting a reset link to the email address used for the Oculus account. Not having this option is a major design flaw. Not to mention it's bypassable with a factory reset, so it won't stop anyone from using your device. The major issue is that if you forget it once, your only option is to lose all your save data and factory reset the device. It's ridiculous.