cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem logging into oculus/facebook account

b.908740
Level 2
I have an Oculus Account. I forgot my password. When trying to reset my password, I get the error. "You merged this Oculus account with a Facebook account. Please go back and log in with Facebook".

(Note that I do not remember ever merging my Oculus Account with a Facebook account, and I have no emails indicating that this ever occurred.) I am already logged into Facebook, so I try to login to my Meta account with my Facebook account, which has the same email as my Oculus Account. When I try that, I get the message:
"If you’re already using VR, go back and log in with that Facebook account and we’ll move your VR apps and info to your new Meta account. You can remove Facebook later.
If you continue, you’ll create a Meta account without your VR apps and info."
So it appears my facebook account has no association with my VR apps or a Meta account. I also tried to recover my password to my Meta account just in case somehow I do have a Meta account. When I do this I get the message:
"You haven’t set up a Meta account yet. To get started, go to meta.com/websetup and log in with your Oculus account."
So as expected I don't have a Meta account. So it appears my VR account with paid items is not reachable. It looks like Meta did some automatic merge without my knowledge and something went wrong. Can this please be fixed?
3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @b.908740! We know how it feels having login issues, this sounds like it'd be pretty confusing! We may require some sensitive information in order to look into this for you, please click here or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. Let's get your account back on track!

I have the same issue, I already wrote to support. I have created a Meta account with supposingly different email address just to post here and to reply. I'm not able to log on to my existing account and can't see any of my purchases. I was able to create a Meta account but had to use a new email address. What is the issue and how can it be resolved? We've spent a long time to play and get a specific status and level and we have friends connected and purchased games. We'd like to have access to all this and want to be able to log on again, merging or not merging of meta or oculus accounts.

Hey there @stefaniefarina! We definitely know how it feels losing access to an account, that's never a fun situation to be in. We see you've reached out to our amazing support team, and you were able to login to your account! We're so glad our team was able to get your issue resolved, please feel free to reach out for assistance anytime. We're always happy to help!