cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quest 2 air link randomly freezing every 5 seconds to a minute

pufferfisharecool
Honored Guest

every 5 seconds to a minute my air link will freeze for a second or two which is really a disturbance when im trying to play games i have tried clearing pc space checking for updates reinstalling the app and nothing works

note

it was not freezing before but one random night it started freezing

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey pufferfisharecool. We know how troubling it can be to have AirLink freeze randomly. We want to do everything we can to get this fixed for you. Would you mind answering a few questions for us, so we can get a better understanding on your situation

• Does your headset work properly by itself?
  • Does this happen when you use Oculus Link?
  • Is your WiFi router either in the same room or next to you?
  • Do you get any error messages, if so can you send a screenshot of them?

We look forward to your response and getting a better idea of how we can help you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

1 yes it works by itself

2 yes it happens when i use link

3 its in the room next to me

4 i dont get any error messages it will just randomly freeze

Thanks for reaching back out and giving that information, we'll like to try rebooting the headset and repairing the desktop app. 

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Boot and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

After that please use these steps to repair the desktop app. 

1. Go here scroll down to whichever software you need to download and click Download software.
2. Select Repair.

• If Windows asks you if you’re sure you want to open this file, click Yes.
  • If Windows Defender prompts Windows protected your PC, click More info and then click Run anyway.

3. Allow the repair process to run, download and install.
4. Launch the Oculus PC app.

Please reach back out and let us know how this helps your situation. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

it still did not work

Okay thanks for trying those for us. We'll need to get a look at your Logs, so we can see if there is anything that could be causing this. 

To collect your Logs, please do the following.

1. Please connect your Oculus device to your computer
  2. Find your Oculus installation directory (Generally this will be located at 'C:\Program Files\Oculus')
  3. Navigate to Support and then oculus-diagnostics
  4. Double-click OculusLogGatherer and wait for an executable to appear
  5. Select Get All Logs
  6. This will create a .zip file on your desktop. Please attach that zip file to your reply

Now once you gather your logs, please do not send them here. This is because we cannot take a look at your Logs from our end. We don't have the necessary tools to do so at this moment.

With that being said, we'll like for you to go to our support website for better assistance with this. Once you get in a conversation with a agent, that's when you'll be able to provide your Logs.