cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quest 2 not connecting to pc suddenly

Marf._
Honored Guest

So until now ive been able to just connect the link cable and use my headset on the pc freely now suddenly the pc app wont even recognize the headsets been plugged in, which kinda sucks since all my games are on the pc so basically cant do anything with my headset until a new update or a fix unless i want to buy the games over again. Not sure what to do to fix it 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hey @AryaSvitkona, could you confirm which update you're on at this moment? The last update for this issue was around 57.0.0.254.153. I want to confirm that detail and if any other updates have been completed. I want to make sure I bring this up to our engineer team as quickly as possible.

In the time of your life, live - so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

P.S., I can beat you at One Piece TCG and Tekken

View solution in original post

ThyRuinedKing
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support
@ThyRuinedKing wrote:

Hey @AryaSvitkona, could you confirm which update you're on at this moment? The last update for this issue was around 57.0.0.254.153. I want to confirm that detail and if any other updates have been completed. I want to make sure I bring this up to our engineer team as quickly as possible.

If you guys are still having this issue, please be sure to reach out to MetaQuestSupport via PMs. We would need to look into further troubleshooting steps that require personal account information.

Thanks a bunch!

In the time of your life, live - so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

P.S., I can beat you at One Piece TCG and Tekken

View solution in original post

92 REPLIES 92

Barclay3200
Explorer

I have been unable to connect oculus quest to my pc as well.  I have the original quest model. I always used to get an "allow connection" prompt when I used to connect device to pc, but I do not see this anymore after recent update on the headset.    I found these instructions for if headset refuses to connect, but they do not work as I do NOT see developer option anywhere inside the settings/system menu.

And I do not see the oculus device in WINDOWS device manager when connected to device by USB.

Strange.

If file transfer does not work for you, try the following to troubleshoot the problem:
  • Make sure you are using the Quest 2/Pro with your Admin account.
  • In your headset, go to Setting > System > Developer and make sure USB Connection Dialog is enabled.
  • Restart both the Quest 2/Pro and your PC.
  • Use a differenct USB cable.
  • Try a different USB port on your PC.
  • Try to connect your Quest 2/Pro to another PC.
  • If it still does not work, contact Meta's support here.
  •  

NomadsAnIsland
Heroic Explorer

When this happens

Either the Oculus Service (ovrservice) isn't running or the Oculus drivers need to be reloaded. I'm on mobile and too difficult to type the instructions right now

Parasaurolophus387
Honored Guest

I'm having the same issue, was teching with my Quest 2 this morning and it was connected to my comp just fine, I restarted the quest 2, and when it booted back up it can't connect to both the occulus app, or anything else I was using. I just wanted to get Air Link working and now I feel like the system is half bricked for no reason.

Did you have any success fixing the issue?

Hi there @Parasaurolophus387, we see you are having issues connecting your Quest 2 to the Oculus app. PCVR can be very finicky, and we want to be able to help get you back into PCVR as soon as possible! Can you please attempt the following:

Repair the Oculus PC Application:

• Go to www.oculus.com/setup and click Download Oculus software.
  • Select Repair.
    • If Windows asks you if you’re sure you want to open this file, click Yes.
    • If Windows Defender prompts Windows protected your PC, click More info and then click Run anyway.
    • If your antivirus software restricts the file from opening, temporarily disable your AV and continue.
    • Please remember to re-enable your antivirus software once you've completed the repair.
  • Allow the repair process to run, download and install.
  • Launch the Oculus app.

USB power settings:

• Open Device Manager.
  • Locate your USB ports - Expand the universal serial bus controller section at the bottom of the list. Look for the "USB 3.0/3.1/3.10 eXtensible" items.
  • Right click and select Properties.
  • Navigate to Power Management.
  • Ensure that the options to save power are deselected.

Selective Suspending:

• Right-click Start
  • Click Power Options
  • Click Additional Power Settings
  • Click Change plan settings
  • Click Change Advanced Power Settings
  • Find USB Settings
  • Make sure that Selective Suspend Setting is set to Disabled, and not Enabled.

We hope this help, please let us know if any changes occur, thank you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi again, we're just checking in to see if you are still in need of assistance. If so, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Giraff-eats-Cow
Honored Guest

Hi,
here is what I found to work for me,
I was using Firefox to login, but the browser didnt respond to my clicking on myself to continue.
copied the link to chrome (booeee) and logged in there, got a popup to open some file,
and tadaa, app opens and runs as it should.

That's great news @Giraff-eats-Cow, thank you for replying this solution you found for logging into the browser! We're sure everyone can appreciate this.

We hope you have a great day, and happy gaming!

Mine still doesn’t connect. And I did all of the things there

Heya @Hype_Flame. PCVR is fun and we don't want you missing out on it. We appreciate you trying all of our troubleshooting steps that we provided in the thread. We would like for you to send us a PM so that we could look more into this for you. 

To send us a private message, please click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?