cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quest 3 random tracking loss

Darrylboio
Explorer

sometimes while on the quest 3, i noticed it'll lose tracking for 4 seconds where my head just flies off somewhere, i get "tracking lost" and then i'm back. i already screwed up on a beatsaber map because of this, i bought my quest 3 in 2023, like 1-3 months ago i think. i hope i'm not alone with this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Darrylboio, and thanks for bringing this question to the community! Tracking loss is horribly immersion-breaking so rest easy we're going to to everything we can to help you find a resolution for this. There are several things that can cause this kind of symptom, but the most common are actually in the environment you are playing in. Here are the most common issues that cause this and how to resolve them:

• Playing environment is too bright, oversaturating the camera, or has interfering lights Examples: Christmas lights, LED strips, direct sun exposure, etc.
    • Resolution: Adjust the intensity of lights, try turning some lights off, reduce sun exposure or use curtains/blinders
  • Playing environment is too dark, preventing the tracking cameras working properly due to lack of lighting
    • Resolution: Turn some light on, open curtains/blinders
  • Playing environment contains reflective surfaces, interfering with the tracking cameras Examples: mirrors, television screens, window reflections, glasses, polished marbles, etc.
    • Resolution: covering the reflective surfaces while playing, play in a different location
  • Playing environment does not have enough contrast between objects or textures composing it Examples: varnished wood furniture and parquet floors, all white walls, etc.
    • Resolution: Play in a different location
  • Dirty tracking cameras
    • Resolution: Cleaning the tracking cameras by following the product care and best practices

Not all issues are environmental, however, so if adjusting the things above don't resolve the trouble, reach back out again so we can dig into it deeper with you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Darrylboio, and thanks for bringing this question to the community! Tracking loss is horribly immersion-breaking so rest easy we're going to to everything we can to help you find a resolution for this. There are several things that can cause this kind of symptom, but the most common are actually in the environment you are playing in. Here are the most common issues that cause this and how to resolve them:

• Playing environment is too bright, oversaturating the camera, or has interfering lights Examples: Christmas lights, LED strips, direct sun exposure, etc.
    • Resolution: Adjust the intensity of lights, try turning some lights off, reduce sun exposure or use curtains/blinders
  • Playing environment is too dark, preventing the tracking cameras working properly due to lack of lighting
    • Resolution: Turn some light on, open curtains/blinders
  • Playing environment contains reflective surfaces, interfering with the tracking cameras Examples: mirrors, television screens, window reflections, glasses, polished marbles, etc.
    • Resolution: covering the reflective surfaces while playing, play in a different location
  • Playing environment does not have enough contrast between objects or textures composing it Examples: varnished wood furniture and parquet floors, all white walls, etc.
    • Resolution: Play in a different location
  • Dirty tracking cameras
    • Resolution: Cleaning the tracking cameras by following the product care and best practices

Not all issues are environmental, however, so if adjusting the things above don't resolve the trouble, reach back out again so we can dig into it deeper with you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Darrylboio! Just following up to see if you were able to get the issue taken care of or if you still needed our assistance. We will be here waiting for your response and proceeding accordingly. Talk soon!

Haven't had the issue for a bit. Will report back if it comes back though

Hi @Darrylboio! Thank you so much for the update! We are so happy to hear that you are not experiencing any issues at this time. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us anytime soon if you have any further questions. Thank you!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?