cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quest link wont recognize usb 3.1 gen 2. So sick of this issue

bizo802
Honored Guest

I see that alot of ppl had this problem but now its 2022 and i can not for the life of me get this stupid quest to connect to usb3. I read one that said go to add/remove programs and remove asmedia drivers. There is no program with that. i just dont get it. I want to run this oculus with move then 300mbs. i have an i5-9600k with 32g ram and a rtx 2070 so my computer isnt the problem. help pla

5 REPLIES 5

IFOXTERRTORY
Explorer

i got the same problem i've connected my quest to the 3.0 port but the laptop doesn't react to it at all if anyone found the answer please help me too

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone! We'd love to see what we can do to help out! We have some clarifying points that may help figure out what's going on here, please see if you meet any of these points:

• Are you using the USB port that is on your graphics card or the one on your case/motherboard? Having your Link cable plugged into the USB port on your case or motherboard has been known to cause connectivity issues as they aren't able to supply the power required to start the connection properly. We recommend using the Port on your graphics card when trying to connect via link cable. 
  • Are you using any adapters to connect to a standard USB and not USB type c? Adapters can seriously prohibit the power that required to get the Link connection established 
  • Do you have any extra USB devices plugged into your PC while trying to connect your Link cable? If so, please consider removing the devices when trying to connect your Link cable, although you can keep a keyboard, mouse, and/or Wi-Fi adapter plugged in when setting up your Link cable! 

We do have some recommendations for guided steps you can take to hopefully get your connection to work properly. Please attempt to download the latest Oculus Link drivers:

1. Close the Oculus app.
  2. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run command.
  3. Enter C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers.
  4. Open oculus-driver.
  5. Open the Oculus app and then try to connect your headset again. 

After trying to get the latest Oculus Link drivers, please check to see if you have any power saving modes selected for your USB ports:

• Open Device Manager.
  • Locate your USB ports - Expand the universal serial bus controller section at the bottom of the list. Look for the "USB 3.0/3.1/3.10 eXtensible" items.
  • Right click and select Properties.
  • Navigate to Power Management.
  • Ensure that the options to save power are deselected.

We hope these steps prove useful in getting your Link connectivity to function properly! If not, please consider sending us a Private Message to our account, there we'll be better able to take a deep dive into why this could be happening and provide you with more specified troubleshooting steps! Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Tailwhipolaf
Honored Guest

I had the same issue connecting to my MSI laptop with thunderbolt connection.  The link cable connection test said my cable is 300mbps and USB 2.  I don't have any USB 2 on my laptop, only USB 3 and thunderbolt connections.  I tried to connect to all my ports but the same thing happened.  I was about to update drivers but decided to try my extra link cable i have connected to my other computer and guess what.   Now its USB 3 with 1.2 Gbps.  I don't get any disconnect errors which i had with the old cable.  So i would say your cable is damaged or not working to the standard it needs to be.  That was my issue and I'm sure its most peoples issue unless you don't have the USB 3 ports.   Make sure you are plugging to a USB 3.0 (blue port on modern computers).   Unless your having disconnect issues i wouldn't worry about it, but i would say the cable is dying if that makes any sense.

NewriderCalif
Honored Guest

Try a different cable. Get device id. And search the device id on google try different drivers. Experiment. Newer the better!! ka02R000000kpZgQAI_en_US_1.png

treborindaclub
Explorer

It's so easy. I solved that problem yesterday, may be any windows update or something like that. You only have to go to Control Panel, device administrator, and remove all usb 3.* drivers (not disable, remove). Don't worry, when you restart Windows it reinstall correctly these drivers and Oculus Quest 2 works again! I hope it Solve your problem. Best regards from Barcelona!