cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Admin must unlock headset after it restarts"

turboraketti
Explorer

Since some time I get this message each time my Quest 2 boots up, and only I (one of four users) can unlock it by drawing my unlock pattern. Now I'll travel for a week and effectively the others in my family can't use the headset if it is restarted.

How can I get back to the previous behaviour, where any of the four users of the headset can unlock it for use? I've searched for a setting but can't find any. I don't want to give unrestricted access to my account to others by revealing my unlock pattern.

23 REPLIES 23

I added my upvote on this as well. Annoying doesn't begin to cover it, especially now that school is out 

Caper13
Honored Guest

Please fix this. Its unusable. I should be able to turn off this feature. My kid has come to me 4 times in the last half hour to get me to unlock. He used to be able to unlock through his account alone

Horrible feature…. 5 kids coming to be to use the oculus everyday…..makes no sense, needs fixed asap

CrazyFox_99
Honored Guest

Please fix this.  Makes the device useless unless the parent is home.  And sharing our pattern completely voids parental controls.  

S.Orozco
Honored Guest

Meta, what are you all thinking over there?! Remove this ASAP! My daughter can't play her vr without me there. she is on summer break and we connect with eachother when i travel for work. DO NOT ADD OPTIONS THE ADMINISTRATORS CAN NOT REMOVE FROM DEVICES. 

LikethePlanet
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey everyone! This was a change made in v51 that basically requires the primary user to unlock their device after initial boot up before secondary users can use their own account. This might have been an effort to protect device owners who don't want secondary users to freely use the device in their absence. While I definitely can see the benefits, I can also see the downsides to this feature for those who just want their device to be for open sharing among family- and I agree that users should be able to have the option to enable it depending on their situation.

I know the engineering team is always looking into ways to improve the Multi-User experience in future releases, and we should want to make an effort as a community to help them out. I'd suggest checking out @pes.fik.007's Ideas post here, and leaving your vote on the thread to help bring awareness to it! 🤗

As a community, we should always strive for positive methods of advocating for change, and the Ideas forum is the perfect way to do that! 

"We're still pioneers, we barely begun. Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, cause our destiny lies above us."

chase807
Honored Guest

Same i have this problem

Hey there, @chase807. We can definitely understand your concerns with this issue, and we'd like to point out the comment made just before your comment about the post on the Ideas Forums. We'd recommend checking that out and adding your input, our engineers check out the ideas forums for any ideas that gain enough traction and it's possible that they'll implement the idea into our devices. We hope you enjoy the rest of your day! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Dear MetaQuestSupport, 
Why is this thread marked as 'solved'? As far as the user request/issue you haven't resolved anything. It would be useful if you marked this as 'reported' and provided the link to the thread for this improvement, but marking it as 'solved' is at best inaccurate and, at worst, misleading.

Not sure why this thread was marked as solved. I agree that it is misleading as the problem is still unsolved, so I removed the solution mark from the two replies previously marked as solutions.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?