cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Black screen" Oculus link on laptop

romulsarov
Honored Guest

Hello! I'm trying to launch oculus link on my laptop, but a black screen appears in my VR. I tried to disconnect the built-in graphics card from AMD. It helped, but basically all the games started to lag terribly. There is an RTX 2060 card in my laptop.

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya there @romulsarov! We understand how concerning being stuck on a black screen can be. No worries, we can help you get this issue resolved with you. We took in upon ourselves to provide some troubleshooting steps for you. Please give the following a try: 

• Ensure all cables are properly plugged into the PC in the right ports. 
  • Make sure you meet the minimum requirements and system recommendations. 
  • Make sure to disable any antivirus/firewall program 
  • Is an adapter or cable extender being used? If possible, remove any adapters from the headset.
  • Try reseating the cable on both the headset side and the side that plugs into the GPU and inspect it for damage such as bent pins, frays, twists, kinks, etc.
  • Update graphics drivers
  • Connect the headset to a different USB 3.0 port
  • Try the headset on another computer if possible

Let us know if any of these steps worked for you. If not, So we can assist you further with this issue. We look forward to hearing back from you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

romulsarov
Honored Guest

I understand everything. but why does oculus link start working after disabling the built-in graphics card?

romulsarov
Honored Guest

And why does switching to an RTX 2060 graphics card cause such lags? nd why does switching to an RTX 2060 graphics card cause such lags? How can I reduce such drawdowns in FPS?

Hey there @romulsarov! We see that you are inquiring about switching to an RTX 2060 Graphics Card and it possibly lagging. To answer your question, an integrated GPU doesn't have the same graphics output as a standard GPU. If you are still experiencing lagging, we'd definitely recommend you trying the previously mentioned troubleshooting steps. If none of those are successful in resolving your issue, please reach out to our Support Team so that we may assist you further!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi @romulsarov, we just wanted to follow-up with you to see if you were still needing assistance regarding the lagging that you were experiencing. Feel free to reach back out to us if you happen to have any further questions or concerns. We are always happy to help!