cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Can't reach Oculus service" error

Kiwixi
Honored Guest

Hi,

I'm getting en error says "Can't reach Oculus service. Please try restarting your computer. If that doesn't work, try repairing your Oculus app".

OculusInstallError.png

Please find the details below:

• I am receiving this error on PC application. I could download the app without a problem but this error comes up after installation during connection.
  • I've been experiencing this issue for 2-3 days. PC App was working smoothly before for weeks.
  • I am not using VPN, using direct wi-fi.
  • I tried resetting modem.
  • I tried repairing the app several times.
  • I restarted my PC several times, I disabled my virus/firewall software during installation, windows defender included. No luck.
  • I am using Windows 10, version 21H2
  • I tried clean uninstall and install.
  • I tried changing installation folder.
  • I have more than enough storage on my drive.
  • There are no pending Windows updates. They are up to date.

Note: My PC did an automatic Windows update 2-3 days ago and maybe this could be the issue. Oculus app won't start because of a possible clash with the new Windows update? I see several other people with the same problem here with me in support forums.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there. We want to assist you with regaining access as quickly as possible. Please reach out to one of our dedicated support agents here for further assistance.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?