cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"ETW USB tracing" failed to start

SGMRock
Explorer
I did a fresh install of Windows 10 last week and after installing Oculus software to use with my Quest 2 via Oculus Link.  Every time the OVRService is started I get the below error in Windows Kernel Event Tracing log 1 time.  
Session "ETW USB tracing" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022

Even though I get this error the Quest 2 works fine for any VR game I run.  So its almost like its an error starting the actual trace log and not with the USB connection itself.  The Oculus Link USB test runs fine and detects I have USB 3 and gives about 1.8Gbps link speed.  Like I said all games seem to work fine and this error only happens when the OVRService starts.  I can sit here and restart the service 5x and I will get 5 entries in the log for instance.  

I had this error also before I did the fresh install, so fresh install didn't help it, its not why I did the fresh install but still thought I should mention it.  I just did the fresh install because it was time, normally I reload Windows every couple years and after several version updates of Windows I thought it was time to just install the latest version fresh.

2 REPLIES 2

CPUB0T
Honored Guest

Any updates to this type of error? Many are having the same issue it seems, myself included.

ToothlessRaider
Explorer

Session "ETW USB tracing" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022  Works fine but spams error code.  Uninstalling Oculus software stopped the error code spam for me.