cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"ETW USB tracing" failed to start

SGMRock
Level 3
I did a fresh install of Windows 10 last week and after installing Oculus software to use with my Quest 2 via Oculus Link.  Every time the OVRService is started I get the below error in Windows Kernel Event Tracing log 1 time.  
Session "ETW USB tracing" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022

Even though I get this error the Quest 2 works fine for any VR game I run.  So its almost like its an error starting the actual trace log and not with the USB connection itself.  The Oculus Link USB test runs fine and detects I have USB 3 and gives about 1.8Gbps link speed.  Like I said all games seem to work fine and this error only happens when the OVRService starts.  I can sit here and restart the service 5x and I will get 5 entries in the log for instance.  

I had this error also before I did the fresh install, so fresh install didn't help it, its not why I did the fresh install but still thought I should mention it.  I just did the fresh install because it was time, normally I reload Windows every couple years and after several version updates of Windows I thought it was time to just install the latest version fresh.

2 REPLIES 2

CPUB0T
Level 2

Any updates to this type of error? Many are having the same issue it seems, myself included.

ToothlessRaider
Level 3

Session "ETW USB tracing" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022  Works fine but spams error code.  Uninstalling Oculus software stopped the error code spam for me.