cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Not enough memory to run (game)"

Gibberish125
Honored Guest

When im playing games they crash and a pop up appears saying "not enough memory to run (Game)". So far this has happened in into the radius and blade and sorcery nomad, but i haven't played much of anything else recently. I have about 30 gb of storage left, so i don't know how to fix it or if its even a bug. 

13 REPLIES 13

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Gibberish125. We can definitely understand how concerning memory issues can be, especially when they're stopping you mid-game and taking out of your VR experience. We'd be glad to help out however we can! Memory is separate from your storage, so while it's good that you have some free space still, it shouldn't be the cause of this. Which headset is it that you're using? Depending on your device, the recommended troubleshooting could be a bit different. Once we hear back from you we'll gladly do everything we can to get this resolved. We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I’m on standalone Quest 2. It sometimes happens spontaneously but mostly only when something is being loaded, like a 3 star sized dungeon in blade and sorcery or loading into a new map in into the radius.

Thanks for getting back to us, @Gibberish125. See if a factory reset would help out. Before performing a factory reset, make sure that your cloud backup settings are enabled. After this, follow the steps below to perform a factory reset on your Quest 2.

From the Headset:

• Power off the headset.
  • Press and hold volume down & Power.
  • This will boot into the USB Update Mode menu.
  • Press volume button to move selection, press power button to make the selection.
  • Navigate to Factory Reset and press the Power button.
  • The device should now begin the Factory Reset process.

Let us know how it turns out! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there, @Gibberish125! We just wanted to check in since we haven't heard back from you yet. If you'd still like help with this just let us know, we'd be glad to help out!

The same thing that is happening to Gibberish125 is happening to me, my sister, my friends and others whom I have been meeting in games. We keep getting punted from the games like Demeo, pop1, verizon worlds etc with same message about not having enough memory to run games yet I have plenty of memory! Plus we keep getting frozen, black screens etc. It has to be a bug on your end if all of us have same issue? 

Hey there, @HollyChitt. Thanks for reaching out and advising us of the error message you're getting about not having enough space while playing a VR game. We know how something like this can take all of the fun out of your VR time, and we want to help you out. Kindly note that the error message you're getting is the result of a V53 software update. To fix the issue, we recommend performing a factory default, but first, please do a cloud backup to save your data.

To perform a factory reset using your phone:

1. Open the Meta Quest app on your phone.
  2. Tap Devices in the bottom menu.
  3. Tap the headset connected to your phone.
  4. Tap Advanced Settings.
  5. Tap Factory Reset and then Reset.

To perform a factory reset using the headset:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Afterward, please reboot the headset.

To restart your headset:

1. With your headset on and powered on, press and hold the power button on the right side of your headset until you see the Power off screen.
  2. Select Restart. Your headset will turn off and then turn back on.

If you're unable to restart your headset:

1. Press and hold the power button for at least 10 seconds. This will manually turn off your headset.
  2. Wait 30 seconds.
  3. Press and hold the power button until your headset turns back on.

Please let us know how this goes and if you have any questions.

AJ_the_pers0n
Honored Guest

I have experience the same exact thing, but I still have a lot of storage. So I don’t know what the problem is. 

I have a Quest 2 and it won’t even let me join the game. Very time I try to join it loads for a while then says “not enough memory” or something like that.  I still have a lot of storage left. I don’t know what the problem is.

Howdy there, @HollyChitt! We're checking in to see if the troubleshooting instructions we left above were successful for you, Since it has worked to fixed the issue of not enough memory. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance we'll be more than delighted to continue assisting you.