cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Not everyone can message this account"

lVlittens
Level 2

I've searched it up countless times. No resolution to this issue has ever been found.
I've rebooted. Re-connected. Etc.. etc.. Can't follow. Can't message. Can't friend. Privacy turned off. I'm not blocked.

What's the issue?

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @lVlittens! Thanks for reaching out. We completely understand how it feels to have issues adding and messaging friends on your device. In order for us to look into this further would you mind reaching out to us in a private message with the following information?

• Username on your Meta Quest account
  • Full name on your Meta Quest account
  • Email on your Meta Quest account

In order to send us a private message please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. Once you get back to us with this information we can investigate this issue further. Thanks!

I’m having the same problem with this me and my brothers are all trying to play but we can’t text add each other or do anything and I was just able to then it updated and I still can’t can I get some help with this and their quest are doing the same thing

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @IVlittens, we want to make sure that you were able to reach out to us via private message. We are eagerly anticipating getting you back up and running. 

DriveWayP
Level 2

Me and my friend are having the exact same issue, and it hasn’t let us talk or make a party even though we were friended before and stuff. Is there any way to fix this?

I am having the same issue where my oculus will tell me that not everyone can message this account and I’m not sure what to do, so any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Having the same issue its frustrating because not only I can’t message a friend on the quest I can’t invite him to a party or see him in my people tab. I tried all of the advice given, but it has to be something else.

Hey there @No0bSlasher, we see you are having issues interacting with friends on your Meta Quest headset. We understand how troublesome this may be, but we're here to assist you all that we can. 

Can you please try the steps listed below:

• Ensure the phone's Bluetooth is turned on and the headset is turned on.
  • Clear the Bluetooth cache on the phone
  • Power cycle the phone and the headset. Check the steps here on how to reboot your headset.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the Oculus application on the phone once again.
  • Ensure the phone and headset are connected to the same wireless network.
  • Factory reset the headset after activating the Cloud Backup

Let us know how this go!

HI again @No0bSlasher, we are just checking in to see if you had any luck with the steps we sent. If the issue is still persisting, please contact us from Meta Store Support. We have more tools available there to help you out! Hope to hear from you soon!