cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sorry, something went wrong" when trying to log into app

Wyzetalker
Honored Guest

It's been awhile since I've used the Quest 2 and when I went to get on for some beat saber it's telling me to log in. Well no big deal right let me just open the app on my phone, well here's the problem I can't sign into my account via the app nothing works just met by a (sorry, something went wrong). Do not give me the uninstall or restart phone. I've done this on 2 different phones with the same issue. So are you issuing refunds due to this or what's going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

All, try this to get your app and quest back in order.

Clear cache and storage for the quest app on the phone app. Logout of Facebook app and messenger, then clear cache and storage space for the Facebook app on your phone.  Boot up the quest app on your phone follow the login instructions.

Depending on when you last updated your quest 2, you might need to factory reset it, as some of the very old versions are not compatible with the current version of meta quest app.  Then just set it up as you would.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Wyzetalker
Honored Guest

I was going to buy the new quest but at this point I'm going to request a refund since you turned my quest into a paperweight

FervidScissors6
Honored Guest

I'm in the same situation.  It's as Wyzetalker said, this thing is a paperweight at this point.  First, I had a Quest login.  Then, it forced me to connect with my Facebook login.  Now, neither of those work and all I get is the error screen you mentioned.  Won't buy a piece of hardware from these guys again.  What a waste.

lonecowboy86
Honored Guest

I think I'm having a similar issue, when turning on the headset, it asks me to go to meta.com/device and input the code listed. However, after logging in it gives me the "Sorry, something went wrong" message. Very frustrating. 

All, try this to get your app and quest back in order.

Clear cache and storage for the quest app on the phone app. Logout of Facebook app and messenger, then clear cache and storage space for the Facebook app on your phone.  Boot up the quest app on your phone follow the login instructions.

Depending on when you last updated your quest 2, you might need to factory reset it, as some of the very old versions are not compatible with the current version of meta quest app.  Then just set it up as you would.

Wyzetalker
Honored Guest

Well for a multi billion dollar company they have **** support glad there's people out there that you know actually help. My ticket is still just sitting away with no response.

thanks for this. I removed everything with a facebook tag from my phone fresh installed meta quest and was able to sign in. Kinda sad such a big company worth billions can't make an actual working product where you need to get rid of other of the products from the same company but least I don't have to deal with it anymore. Never going to recommend a facebook product to anyone ever.

Super glad to see this ended up working! Thank you so much for being such a helpful and supportive member of the community! 😁

"We're still pioneers, we barely begun. Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, cause our destiny lies above us."

Facebook can make a working product sometimes.  That said the test cases they conduct to build there support troubleshooting are the worst, I have been a mechanical engineer and computer programmer for over 25 years and they don't get the common sense answers.  Honestly they could really do a complete rewrite of the troubleshooting guide if they created real failures.

Most of the issues really boil down to a few things. A good resetting of apps, or a hard reset on the quest not a full blown factory reset.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?