cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"USB 3 Connection Recommended"

Hells.Reaper
Explorer

I am using the official Link cable that came with my Quest 2. I also used a USB A to USB C 3.0 cable to no avail. Also tried on two separate computers. I can't seem to get it to detect USB 3.0, period.

Both devices use an AMD processor, so likely same drivers. I have tried all common fixes, legacy compatibility in BIOs, power options, reinstalling drivers, ect. Anything on this would be great, otherwise, I am returning this thing tomorrow the first chance I get.

Capture.JPG

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We definitely want to help you with getting Oculus link to work properly. We would like for you to reach out to us directly via our Meta Store Support channel so that we can assist you with getting this resolved as quickly as possible!  

We are going to need a copy of your Oculus Logs to help us with figuring out what could be causing this. 

To gather Oculus logs: 

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
    • The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed the Oculus PC app to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
  4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
  5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
  7. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.

You can receive chat support by clicking here and choosing the chat button on the bottom right corner.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I’ve opened a ticket, but I’ve already started the return. If they email me back before it’s out of my possession we may still have a chance to fix it.

From what I’ve read here on the forums this issue doesn’t have a viable fix. I am an IT professional and I have exhausted everything I could. Across all cables and all devices, it does not detect USB 3.0+. It’s astounding.

alius2006
Honored Guest

I have the same problem. Any update?

I'm having the same issue and I don't know what to do

What you need to do is follow the instructions above from @MetaQuestSupport. That's the best way to get this issue resolved.

Genesis does what Nintendon't! Send me a DM if you have questions. I'm happy to help!