cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unable to connect with Oculus service."

supergun201
Level 3

I've been trying to open the Oculus software on my computer so I can use the Oculus Link feature for the past few days. However, upon the start it says "Unable to connect with Oculus service", making me unable to use the software at all (as well as the Oculus Link feature). I've tried restarting my PC, using March 2018 installation patch, and fixing the Oculus software. However fixing it resulted in "installation failure", causing Oculus software to disappear yet still taking space on my PC. I couldn't find any other solution to that problem as there are no forums talking about this problem.

5 REPLIES 5

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey @supergun201, sounds like quite the issue there. 

I do have a handful of questions to ask:

• When was this first noticed?
  • Did Link work before, or is this the first time?
  • Does your PC meet the Link requirements?
  • Could you provide your PC specs? (OS, RAM, CPU type, GPU type and driver version)

Along with that, could you test a clean install of Oculus Home with these steps:

1. Disconnect your computer from the internet.
  2. Backup any necessary content.
  3. Reboot into Safe Mode.
  4. Uninstall Oculus Home using the Control Panel.
  5. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
    • C:\Program Files
  6. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
    • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
  7. Restart your computer in normal mode.
  8. Reconnect your computer to the internet.
  9. Install Oculus Home again using the setup tool from our website here.
  10. Run Oculus Home as Administrator.

Let me know if that does you any good. 

supergun201
Level 3

Thanks for the help, the issue was noticed a few days after I bought the oculus 2 (about three weeks ago) and all of the features worked perfectly fine. My PC met all the requirements and worked perfectly fine with the link feature.

I will try the listed steps and update you if it changes anything.

supergun201
Level 3

Didn't work, I'm still unable to open oculus home. I did every step as told to but the software still won't connect to the oculus service. Any other suggestions?

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! 

We see you're having issues with connecting to the Oculus service. We really appreciate you working out the steps provided by our fellow gamer.  We love to see our gamer community supporting one another.

Would you be able to clarify for us if you're using the official Oculus Link cable or a third party link cable? Please feel free to share these details with us via private message. 

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

We hope to hear from you soon! 

Good evening! 

We hope you're doing well today. Yesterday we noticed you're having issues with with connecting to the Oculus service. Are you still having issues with this matter? If so please don't hesitate to update us and we will get straight to work for you. 

Don't forget you can also private message us and we will be able to help you out on a one-on-one basis. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Always here to help!