cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"We can't find your headset, please reconnect your headset."

Jaruno
Honored Guest
So I'm fairly certain more people have gotten this problem, but I'd just like to explain what keeps happening to me.

Whenever I open up my oculus app I immediately receive the notification from Windows: "We can't find your headset, please reconnect your headset.". I see that there is a blue dot next to the "Devices" tab and I click on it and see that my rift S is not connected, it says active but there is a big red X beside it and a red dot underneath with the name Rift S which is "connected". I keep having to restart the Oculus app for some reason. I tried that multiple times, also restarted my pc a hundred times, updated my windows/graphics card driver, replugged my USB & DisplayPort and tried fixing it with the Device Manager but nothing worked so far. The weird thing is, the first time this happened to me, I updated my windows and somehow it worked again? but when I wanted to launch it the next day, the same thing happened again. I tried updating again but it didn't work, now when I go to "Device Setup" It keeps loading on "Checking sensors...". I bought this device 2 weeks ago man, it can't be because it's broken, can it?

I would post screenshots but I can't post links in this. So PLEASE if anyone finds a solution send me a message because this is really starting to frustrate me...
1 REPLY 1

Maxxgold
Rising Star
Obviously contact support, but it sounds like a USB problem. Have you ever had it working? Most people with issues like you are reporting have had to purchase the Inateck PCIE USB card from Amazon to get it working.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?