cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Your Guardian System Isn't Working Right Now" Every time I start Oculus Home. &Tracking Issues

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
I've been noticing this message almost every single time I start Oculus Home "Your Guardian System Isn't Working Right Now, Click here to check our support article" and it's getting really annoying. I don't know if it's because my touch controllers arn't visible when I first start Oculus Home (keep them in the original box for storage on my desk).

I usually have to click "ok and proceed without guardian". Then sometimes the guardian system works fine after anyways or works after a quick oculus home restart. I also have the height glitching up and down tracking issues depending on the game and my Oculus Touch controllers also seem to jitter around a lot when I turn and face different sensors. Maybe the issues are all connected... I have no idea. I also seem to keep hearing the sound of a device disconnecting from windows 10 lately (maybe every few hours)...possibly a sensor?

Really bummed out I haven't had the desire to play anything VR for a full week because the launch is full of soo many tracking and sensor issues...I try to jump into a game and just get sooo disappointed by tracking that I quit.

a2s7gzs87r59.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
Am I alone on this one?? No one else having this?

AdmiralSloth
Protege

I am experiencing the same issue as you stated. Although I am not getting the height and tracking glitches. Everytime oculus home boots up I get the guardian not working, then I hit clear all. Seems to work after that though. If I let it sit after that I do get usb disconnects and reconnects a lot. Started maybe 1-2 weeks ago.

i7 3770k

Asus z77

GTX 980 SLI

16 GB RAM

WIN 10 PRO

Wildt
Consultant
Judging by the forums and reddit it's seems a very common issue. I suffer the same.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

g3kkorist
Explorer
Had the same problem and solve it with Reorientation of the sensors. After many tries the guardian system works Perfect

Oculus12222
Protege
When my sensors are right side up I get the height/elevation changes almost consistently when moving around, even in oculus home. When they're mounted upside down my entire play space jumps around like 4 feet. $1000 for a currently useless  piece of hardware, I hope a software update can fix this soon.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Very recently (in the past week or so), I have noticed that my Right hand tracking goes a bit crazy. It happens with Dead & Buried and Super Hot. I can often go hours without any issues, but once it starts I have to reboot my PC to make it go away.

cybereality
Grand Champion
See the Microsoft Windows updates linked to in this comment:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/476824/#Comment_476824
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Thanks cyber. I missed that thread. I will give it a shot and report back on the issue.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Actually, that link was for the OP regarding the Guardian error. We still are investigating tracking problems.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?