cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Your Guardian System Isn't Working Right Now" Every time I start Oculus Home. &Tracking Issues

KevinLongtime
Level 7
I've been noticing this message almost every single time I start Oculus Home "Your Guardian System Isn't Working Right Now, Click here to check our support article" and it's getting really annoying. I don't know if it's because my touch controllers arn't visible when I first start Oculus Home (keep them in the original box for storage on my desk).

I usually have to click "ok and proceed without guardian". Then sometimes the guardian system works fine after anyways or works after a quick oculus home restart. I also have the height glitching up and down tracking issues depending on the game and my Oculus Touch controllers also seem to jitter around a lot when I turn and face different sensors. Maybe the issues are all connected... I have no idea. I also seem to keep hearing the sound of a device disconnecting from windows 10 lately (maybe every few hours)...possibly a sensor?

Really bummed out I haven't had the desire to play anything VR for a full week because the launch is full of soo many tracking and sensor issues...I try to jump into a game and just get sooo disappointed by tracking that I quit.

a2s7gzs87r59.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

KevinLongtime
Level 7
Am I alone on this one?? No one else having this?

AdmiralSloth
Level 4

I am experiencing the same issue as you stated. Although I am not getting the height and tracking glitches. Everytime oculus home boots up I get the guardian not working, then I hit clear all. Seems to work after that though. If I let it sit after that I do get usb disconnects and reconnects a lot. Started maybe 1-2 weeks ago.

i7 3770k

Asus z77

GTX 980 SLI

16 GB RAM

WIN 10 PRO

Wildt
Level 12
Judging by the forums and reddit it's seems a very common issue. I suffer the same.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

g3kkorist
Level 3
Had the same problem and solve it with Reorientation of the sensors. After many tries the guardian system works Perfect

Oculus12222
Level 4
When my sensors are right side up I get the height/elevation changes almost consistently when moving around, even in oculus home. When they're mounted upside down my entire play space jumps around like 4 feet. $1000 for a currently useless  piece of hardware, I hope a software update can fix this soon.

Zenbane
Level 15
Very recently (in the past week or so), I have noticed that my Right hand tracking goes a bit crazy. It happens with Dead & Buried and Super Hot. I can often go hours without any issues, but once it starts I have to reboot my PC to make it go away.

cybereality
Level 15
See the Microsoft Windows updates linked to in this comment:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/476824/#Comment_476824
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Zenbane
Level 15
Thanks cyber. I missed that thread. I will give it a shot and report back on the issue.

cybereality
Level 15
Actually, that link was for the OP regarding the Guardian error. We still are investigating tracking problems.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV