cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"an error occurred, please try again later" when trying to connect to the new Meta account

Roei_Tzoref
Explorer

Has anyone encountered an error when after trying to link the oculus quest 2 HMD through a META account? I  get a message to enter a code in meta.com\device but it gives the error.

I performed the whole registration process in the meta website, it logs in fine in the oculus app in desktop/mobile, but in the HMD it asks me to enter a code generated from the website (meta,com\device), and when I enter it - it gives an "account linked" message in website and HMD and right after that I get a message"an error occurred"

I am connected with a link cable.

here's a recording of what happens:

*Edit:
eventually after months of back and forth emails with meta support which was kind but led to nothing, and after I did a factory reset like all suggested - the situation got WORSE! the headset was useless and didn't even pass the initial setup screen because it was unable to pair with my mobile phone. oculus support suggested I send the headset to them (which would be a PITA because I do not live in a supported country). luckily a local VR lab here in my country was able to do a software update/reset with an some kind of a dev external software/hardware. and now the situation got resolved.

21 REPLIES 21

Roei_Tzoref
Explorer

eventually after months of back and forth emails with meta support which was kind but led to nothing, and after I did a factory reset like all suggested - the situation got WORSE! the headset was useless and didn't even pass the initial setup screen because it was unable to pair with my mobile phone. oculus support suggested I send the headset to them (which would be a PITA because I do not live in a supported country). luckily a local VR lab here in my country was able to do a software update/reset with an some kind of a dev external software/hardware. and now the situation got resolved.

It's almost 12 months and this issue still exists, wow.

Been 8 days and my device still does not work I see all the “hard work” you guys are putting in I just want to play

Never mind I can’t count it’s been 3 months

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey guys, just posting this in here since this thread hasn't been updated yet. It does look like there was a fix that went out, and we have some steps to provide that should get this working right:

1. Open the Meta Quest app on your iOS or Android device. Wait about a minute while a background update is automatically applied.
  2. Close the Meta Quest app.
  3. Factory reset your headset.
  4. Try to pair your controllers and headset as new.

If this doesn't work out, we do suggest reaching out to the support team with a ticket (Email, chat, callback request) where they can look at some other possible options. 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

this doesn't work.  we are all having the same issue and your company acts like this is a new thing.  what a PS device.  if i get it fixed by some miracle, will sell it for what ever i can get for it.  spent too much life energy trying to be your trouble shooter.  

If you just let us have SOME KIND OF control over what's going on in this thing we could resolve this on our own. This is trash. Just absolute garbage. Let the **bleep** equipment be equipment. It doens't have to be an extension of an app account how **bleep**ing stupid do you think people are? I hate this so much. Go to hell.

kevin.m.chenier
Honored Guest

I have this problem, but it's a lot worse than you guys. I'm literally stuck at the initial setup, unable to do anything besides trying to link my work account to my headset. I'm unable to use my headset with a personal account to counter this problem. 

Hey there, @kevin.m.chenier! We understand that you're having some difficulties setting up your headset, and we certainly want to assist with that, as we don't want you to miss out on VR adventures any longer! When you try to login, is the headset specifically asking for a work email? Also, if you would, please provide us with a screen shot of any error that you're receiving.

We look forward to hearing back from you and getting you back on the right track!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello, hello, @kevin.m.chenier! We're reaching back out to check in on that headset setup issue you were reporting earlier. Getting you back to fully enjoying the virtual experience is a top priority for us, so let us know if you still need assistance and be sure to share those requested details from our last post for reference. We're eager to hear back from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!