cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replacement controllers

HappyDread8897
Honored Guest

Where can I find replacement controllers for rift s? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, HappyDread! We no longer offer Rift S devices or replacement parts. Feel free to purchase replacement parts for your rift s through verified third party vendors, a list of which is available here. We figure this isn't the news you want to hear but if you do feel like making an upgrade; experience our most advanced all-in-one headset, Quest 2, and still be able to access your epic library of PC VR games with Oculus Link. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, HappyDread! We no longer offer Rift S devices or replacement parts. Feel free to purchase replacement parts for your rift s through verified third party vendors, a list of which is available here. We figure this isn't the news you want to hear but if you do feel like making an upgrade; experience our most advanced all-in-one headset, Quest 2, and still be able to access your epic library of PC VR games with Oculus Link. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Ebay is your best bet. They are pricey though, as vendors know there is no supply of new ones available. It's worth looking out for Quest 1 controllers as well, as they are the same as the Rift S units. It's worth looking out for complete kits, which often go for not much more than single controllers.

This is a seriously bad example of customer support on behalf of Meta. The touch controllers are not the most sturdy of devices and support shouldn’t be ditched just because you have a new product to sell. Hang your heads in shame Facebook/meta whatever. You treat your customers poorly.

like honestly the Rift S isn't even that old like as i write this its just under 4 years old most average game titles have a longer life span... like you release the Rift S in 2019 and literally 2 years later discontinue it... like do you honestly expect any of your customers to "upgrade to the quest 2" when you literally just shat all over their prior 600+ dollar investment they just made 2 years ago that you decide is now "obsolete" and should be discontinued.... like i have a bunch of words i would like to use to describe your actions but most of them would get my account suspended....

like why the hell would anyone want to waste another half a grand when at any time meta could decide to release the quest 3 and discontinue the quest 2 and the production of any replacement parts required to use the system such as controllers...

and its even worse cause for some strange reason you guys decided to make it so the quest controllers aren't compatible with the Rift S... even though they are basically a friggen recoloured duplicate of the Rift S controllers

like this is about as close to racketeering as you can get without actually doing anything illegal...

wait... actually im i think i seen an article saying "The Oculus Quest and Oculus Rift S controllers are interchangeable" and if that's actually true unlike what iv seen, then ok, fine that's great since 90% of the time its either you break a controller or a stick starts drifting bad and its essentially hopeless to try to play anything cause you sit there dancing around what your trying to grab for like half a minute while your under fire...

Quest and Rift-S controllers are interchangeable. Quest 2 controllers are not.

yea go figure and they stopped selling the original quest controllers as well how... ironic... well then i guess i stick to my original viewpoint of how this is basically racketeering and extorting as they force you into buying their newest product by discontinuing support for a product they have the market cornered with

quite literally nobody else can produce these controllers so they quite literally are cornering the market....

"In finance, cornering the market consists of obtaining sufficient control of a particular stock, commodity, or other asset in an attempt to manipulate the market price."

like this whole thing wouldn't be a problem if there were other authorized 3rd party producers who could be allowed to be in charge of making replacement controllers/parts for older models while you at meta collect royalties off every sale, instead of just cutting the market off and just not profiting from it....

or even simpler... don't remove the backwards compatibility with systems that are exactly the same.... like how exactly is the Quest 2 controller different then the Rift S controller in electronics? hmm? a simple Boolean switch that detects if your controllers are in the proximity of the headset... doesn't sound like something that would stop the Quest 2 controllers from working with older systems... you just have to add 1 line of code into an update that nulls that check if a Quest 2 controller is detected to be paired with a Quest 1 or Rift S headset

What you at Meta are doing with the oculus is exactly how you destroy a company... by trying to force your customers into junking their old working products for your "new sparkly product" that you can decide to suddenly discontinue 2 years down the road, leaving all your customers up **bleep**s creek without a paddle. and once you've been abandoned on **bleep**s creek you ain't gonna trust the people a 2nd time who abandoned you there the 1st time...

Hi, I've barely used my Rift S since I purchased it. The right touch controller for my Rift S died-- just sitting on the shelf. 

What you're telling me, is that you abandoned this product and ANY means of maintenance merely a year after its release, then had the audacity to develop 2-3 new products that are IDENTICAL to the Rift S but without backwards compatibility for ANY of the components that were clearly LIKELY TO BREAK, and to suggest that I should throw EVERYTHING, INCLUDING that which works, a THOUSAND DOLLARS worth of equipment in the TRASH, and then go buy ANOTHER one of your products for ANOTHER thousand dollars, which you will abandon in about a year. 

Yeah, I'm just gonna go right ahead and do that, because I trust you completely. I do not for one moment consider you a third world hack who is attempting to rob me blind. Please hold, while I call everyone of my friends, and my entire family. I must suggest to them to buy all your products, because they are clearly of the highest quality. 

Thank you, at the very least, for gracing us plebeians with a response. 

I'm suspicious that the failures are implemented by Meta.  I had my right hand controller fail, so I bought another one, the right hand one has failed again.  Funny part is, the moment I got the new controller, the old one started working flawlessly.  Now that the new one has failed, the old one has also gone completely dead.  Now as for how I use them, I use it only to navigate to my app which is an RC airplane/helicopter flight sim, that's it.  Two failures on the same side?  Seems a tad suspicious especially when you consider that the Rift-S and the compatable Quest controllers have both been discontinued.

That was a useless answer 3 years ago and is every bit as useless today.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?