cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rift cv1, when plugged in pc wont boot, when in windows when i plug it in the windows monitor goes b

slickwicked
Honored Guest

i reinstalled oculus and dusted off my cv1 to try my rtx 4080 fe at vr. and i have nothing but issues with it,. when plugged in pc wont boot, when in windows when i plug it in the windows monitor goes black, if i unplug the monitor and plug it back in it might come back to the desktop sometimes it doesnt, ive tried uninstalling properly, using DDU to uninstall and clean video drivers, reinstalled latest nvidia drivers. if anyone has any helpful info id be grateful,

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @slickwicked. We can definitely understand how concerning it would be to be unable to connect your CV1 headset with your PC as you've described. We notice that you mentioned your GPU is a 4080, and after double checking our minimum requirements (Rift page doesn't list each series) for Link/PCVR on our website is showing that we haven't yet added support for the NVIDIA 40 series GPUs. Since your GPU isn't yet supported by our software, we wouldn't be able to accurately troubleshoot with any positive guarantees. We realize this isn't the answer you had hoped for, and we appreciate your understanding of the situation. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @slickwicked. We can definitely understand how concerning it would be to be unable to connect your CV1 headset with your PC as you've described. We notice that you mentioned your GPU is a 4080, and after double checking our minimum requirements (Rift page doesn't list each series) for Link/PCVR on our website is showing that we haven't yet added support for the NVIDIA 40 series GPUs. Since your GPU isn't yet supported by our software, we wouldn't be able to accurately troubleshoot with any positive guarantees. We realize this isn't the answer you had hoped for, and we appreciate your understanding of the situation. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

slickwicked
Honored Guest

hey thats fine, there is plenty of alternatives that do support the rtx 4080 so ill move on to those, rtx 4080 came out in nov 2022, it should have support by now. thanks

does the quest 2 work with the rtx4080? also would i still be able to use my oculus games?

Hey there, @slickwicked. As mentioned in our previous response, the 40 series GPUs from NVIDIA are not yet supported by our devices. Seeing as this is the case, we aren't able to guarantee that the Quest 2 will work properly using link/air link with a PC running an rtx4080. Hopefully this helps! 

slickwicked
Honored Guest

hi again, so the newer gpus are supported and i have exactly the same issue. i recently reinstalled win 11 so the system is clean. same issues as before, when i plug in headset i get a black screen on my monitor, or when i start occulus app the monitor goes black until i unpolug the display port cable and plug it back in

Hi Slick! We are sad to hear you are still experiencing the display issue with your Rift CV1. We can imagine how anxious you must be to get back to PCVR gaming, so please send us a PM and we will work together to get you back to gaming as soon as possible.

slickwicked
Honored Guest

where do i send a pm from?

i sent a pm but havent received a response, do i have to explain everything again in it? or is this post going to be looked at

Hi slickwicked! It looks like you sent us a PM but we didn't hear back from you just yet.

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. Thank you and we await your PM. 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?