cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sent me a broken refurbished unit

grunttrooper
Protege

After waiting over 6 weeks to get a replacement oculus because their update bricked it.  They send me a crappy refurbished one that was slow, glitchy, and froze  often.  Well the screen developed lines for a few hours and now they won't turn on.  Just a quick flash from one lens or the other.  Even that stopped.  what a BS experience.  And I bought the case, the strap, and an extra device for a sibling.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there. This is not what we like to hear and we want to help you resolve this issue and get your Oculus headset working again! We want to provide you the reassurance that the right agents are diligently working on your ticket at the moment, and we are confident they will get this resolved for you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jayhawk
Superstar

lol just a few threads up someone posted the oculus link to refurbs they're selling for $199 and how it would be a great start into VR.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there. This is not what we like to hear and we want to help you resolve this issue and get your Oculus headset working again! We want to provide you the reassurance that the right agents are diligently working on your ticket at the moment, and we are confident they will get this resolved for you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Yeah I had seen that and already said something. 😂🙁

I appreciate that.  I just hope it's expedited.  And I feel like some compensation. Wouldn't be inappropriate.  Maybe store credit but what would make me feel like Oculus took care of me and make me want to share how well they took care of me, is a brand new 128g unit.  And an elite strap.  I've spent alot on the devices, games, etc, and I've lost over a 1/3 of my time owning it so far already.  I bought it in April.

Firebladepro
Honored Guest

Hi. I just wanted to say I’m going exactly through this right now! Our almost new oculus broke so fast. They told me to send it back. I struggled to get correct information about how to pack it and what exactly to send back. It took forever for them to get their story right. And then I get an email that a refurbished piece might be sent to me. I was incredibly worried about this and upset becasue we paid for a new piece not for some refurbished BS and now I see in your experience that I’m worried for the right reason! They sent me a postage label which sent the return oculus ‘by boat’ so I’m still waiting for the return item to even arrive! It’s been really awful experience trying to actually get in touch with someone. I just keep having wool pulled over my eyes that it’s just a little delayed but why am I just not sent a new replacement? I actually had to go through the whole awful process of trying to contact someone again today to try and get some answers. Everyone is so ‘lovely and helpful’ but I’m not getting any actual help. I just want to get my refund now but I’m worried I’ll probably never actually see any money back from oculus. I deeply regret purchasing this product. Especially reading what happened to you and that you had to wait a long time just like me just to get some refurbished awful product. I’m so upset. My son is only 9 years old and he himself worked hard to save up enough money to buy this and now we have no oculus and no money. I would be interested to actually hear from you of you ever got any resolution and how. So I know how to go about it. 

As I wrote above we are experiencing exact same problem. Lots of money spent. Oculus brakes. And then it starts… all the promises and waiting and nothing happening. So so awful. I wish I could somehow warn other people so steer away from this product unless they want to kiss their money good bye… 😞