cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"sorry we couldnt add your payment method"

msh3l.k
Explorer

I have this problem for 3 days now and its getting kinda annoying i contacted the bank they say theres no problem i tried contacting the oculus they wont respond please respond this time i cant add a payment method idk why i tried multiple times oculus do something! 

Screenshot_20220429-160035_Oculus.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey 6qia, welcome to the forums!

You may have to contact your bank first to get that sorted out first, then you'll want to submit a support ticket because it sounds like your payment method is being blocked for whatever reason, which a rep will have to fix manually. You can submit one here.

Take your destiny into your own hands. Sand cannot keep a shape by itself, but add water and it becomes malleable. Fate can be such, if you add the right element.

View solution in original post

48 REPLIES 48

SUBZERO555
Honored Guest

IMG_20220430_154711.jpg

 same problem bro I'll trying out for 5 days but still not able to add my payment method

TateFamily
Honored Guest

Same issue. Went through all the steps with Customer Support with no luck. Trying to add a new CC bc the old one expired. - error "sorry we couldn't add your payment method" then tried using my verified PayPal account and I get the error - "Unable to Connect to PayPal." So stupid.

Same problem here. Only purchased the quest 2 today unable to add debit card or paypal so can't buy any games. How has an issue like this not been addressed!!?!

Hey everyone! Lets see what we can do to get your payment method added! Please try the following steps:

• Try another network connection type
  • Try another network location (If your country isn't one of the countries listed here: Supported Countries, you may receive an error stating that we cant add your payment method) 
  • Try different combinations of the area/zip code 
  • Restart the device
  • Try another device
    • i.e. desktop (Website and Oculus Home PC app), mobile, and inside the headset
  • Try another web browser
  • Try another payment method

We hope that one of these steps allows you to add your payment method! If not, please send us a private message and we can continue to look into other troubleshooting steps! Please copy and paste this link into your browser https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or click on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

tried everything no luck

now my bank thinks your a hacker 

Hey 6qia, welcome to the forums!

You may have to contact your bank first to get that sorted out first, then you'll want to submit a support ticket because it sounds like your payment method is being blocked for whatever reason, which a rep will have to fix manually. You can submit one here.

Take your destiny into your own hands. Sand cannot keep a shape by itself, but add water and it becomes malleable. Fate can be such, if you add the right element.

Have tried every single method possible to add a payment and NOTHING WORKS! Support team claim there are no issues. Just keep trying they say.  

I called the Visa gift card support group and they say card is fine and they see Facebook keeps trying to use the gift card to pay a bill? No idea what that means. We've used this card to buy 3 different Oculus games late last year with no issues. There is plenty of $$ on the card as well. 

Too many people here are complaining about this issue and it leads me to believe Facebook Meta messed up the payment system. 

Please look deeper into this Meta and fix it!!!

If I factory reset will me friends be gone

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?