cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

teleporting without my permission

lukimea
Honored Guest

i am experiencung a bug in all of my games where, i just teleport around 10 meters without permission. or i tuynr 0-359 degrees. so i cant focus on the game. i am constantly bugging 

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @lukimea! We can understand how this can ruin the game experience. Could you let us know if you're experiencing this issue in any other game? And what's the game in which this is occurring for you?

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi! Do you still want our help? We're here ready to assist you anytime so let us know. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

gwen.miller.5811877
Honored Guest

Hi! im experiencing the same thing, ive been experiencing it in VRchat mostly but i also experience it outside of any game. Could you lend any tips to help? i have a 16ft link cable and it seems to be working fine its just the randomly teleporting around without my permission, and ive tried everything. i have a large playspace so i know its not that.

Hey there, @Gwen.miller.5811877! That certainly puts a damper on enjoying your VR, but we will get you back up and running in no time. For us to get a clearer picture of what's causing the exact issue with teleporting without your permission, let us ask a few questions.

• Have you changed your link cable since this started or prior?
  • How long has this been happening?
  • Are you starting the game from your mobile app or from your PC?
  • Are you getting an error message when that happens?

Once we get this information, we can help you get back to gaming. Let us know if you have any questions.

This is the only link cable ive had, ive had my oculus for almost 2 weeks now. 
This has been happening the last 5 days. 
I am starting my games from my pc. should i be doing something else? ill try to launch vrc using the app. 
Ill get back to this one. 
But this happens when im in the lobby and in any game whenever i look in any direction. i cleaned my sensors on my headset but that didnt do anything. 

Thanks for that information, @Gwen.miller.5811877! We think a reset of the Guardian history and a redrawing of the boundary could help. We'll add a few steps to follow to get it reset.

To switch Guardian modes or redraw your Guardian boundaries:

1. Press on your right Touch or Touch Pro controller to pull up your universal menu.
  2. Hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  3. Select "Guardian".
  4. Select "Stationary" or "Roomscale,"  then follow the on-screen instructions to set up your Guardian.

Let us know if this works for you.