cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the screen freezes in the cable - steam vr

mrzerset
Explorer

after connecting the cable to the mk, I go to the menu where there is steamvr and after 30 seconds the screen freezes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

the problem turned out to be in the cable with other cables the image does not freeze, I don’t know why this happens the cable does not come off and works but the image freezes in it

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

What PC and cable you using?

not original

Like you’re not using their official cable or what 

cable 3.0 5 metersScreenshot_1.png

Is the screen freezing in general whenever trying to play games from the PC app or is it only when you’re about to play steamVR? 

the screen freezes when I enter the rift menu after about 20 seconds

mrzerset
Explorer

there were no problems before that

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Try air link.....if that work, your cable might be the problem.

I had this freezing problem recently.

I tried air link and that worked without freezing.

So I thought, the problem must be the cable.....bought a new one and that fixed the problem.

Btw. I couldn't see any damage at my old cable(also not the original), but I played with it already two years.

Hello there, @mrzerset! Thank you for bringing this issue with a freezing display while you're PC VR gaming to our attention. So many users enjoy this headset feature, so we're happy to share some troubleshooting to help get to the bottom of this issue. First, we did want to let you know that at this time, we recommend using either the Quest Link cable or the Anker Link cable (sold at authorized Meta retailers) for the optimal PC VR connection. We're able to guarantee these cables are can support the data and power transfer needed for Meta Quest Link in large quantities.

With that being said, we can certainly go over some steps to further rule out the cause of this problem you're reporting:

• Make sure your GPU drivers are up to date.
  • Confirm that your PC is meets the proper requirements for Meta Quest Link.
  • Disable any VPNs or antivirus that could be interfering with the headset's connection.
  • Remove any extra USB devices from the computer except for what's needed (mouse, keyboard, and Link cable,) then restart your PC.

Let us know how these steps work out for you and we can move forward from there! We'll be keeping an eye out for your next response!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?