cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer to another meta occulus headset

buddhaboogie
Level 2

I bought a new meta occulus headset with larger storage and want to transfer my files, app, games from my previous headset to my new headset.  Please advise.

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey hey! We appreciate you contacting us with your inquiry about moving data from one headset to another. We don't yet have a set method for transferring information. Please keep in mind, though, that not all games offer the option to enable Cloud Backup when it comes to data. You must make sure that any games that support cloud backup are activated and running.

The reason for that is because we will need to Factory Reset the headset to then add your account to the new VR headset. We want to make sure your data is not lost when performing the Factory Reset. We want to make sure you can get all your information saved and enjoy your new VR device! 

Please make sure to follow these steps to make sure Cloud Backup is enabled on the apps that are a option:

1. Go to secure.oculus.com/my/cloud-backup/ on a computer.
  2. Use the search field to filter for any specific application, or scroll through the table to view which of your applications have Cloud Backup enabled.

However, if the Cloud Backup is not on at all please make sure to try the following: 

1. Put on your headset, then hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select System, then select Backup.
  4. Select the toggle next to Cloud Backup to turn Cloud Backup on or off.

You can also click here for the Cloud Backup steps and for the Factory Reset you can click here or follow the following steps:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know so we can get you back in the VR world with ease.