cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble with controllers

czimcity
Honored Guest

I just updated my head set and now my controllers don't work. The head set know that they are are because if i put the controllers out of range it goes into hand mode but when i get them back it uses the head set pointer mode. It also show me the battery life for both controllers. Real strange and i can't find anyone else with the problem. I have also paired a friends controller to my headset and get the same thing, so it has something to do with the head set. Can anyone help me to get this back working again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We're more than happy to help! Here's how you can create a support ticket:

1. Start at our support site
  2. Select Meta Quest 2
  3. Left controller
  4. Charging, Tracking, & Pairing
  5. Controller not tracking
  6. This did not solve my issue
  7. Choose how you'd like to contact
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @czimcity! We can definitely understand your concerns with your controllers not working properly after updating your headset. By the sounds of it, you may want to try out a factory reset on your headset. Be sure that the Cloud Backup settings are enabled, then follow the steps below: 

From the Headset:

• Power off the headset.
  • Press and hold volume down & Power.
  • This will boot into the USB Update Mode menu.
  • Press volume button to move selection, press power button to make the selection.
  • Navigate to Factory Reset and press the Power button.
  • The device should now begin the Factory Reset process.

Let us know how it turns out. We'll be looking forward to hearing from you! 

Best regards, 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have already tried the factory alone with unpairing the controller, someone else controllers and putting the controller batteries in upside down. Nothing seams to work. Do you have any other ideas?

Hey there, @czimcity. Thanks very much for getting back to us! If even a factory reset isn't helping, then please reach out to us through the Meta Store Support website where we have a bit more tools and resources to get issues like this resolved. We'll be looking forward to hearing from you! 

Thank for your help. I went to the link and it ask what i am have problems with, i put in headset but none of the options fit and there is no place to put in "other" what should i enter?

We're more than happy to help! Here's how you can create a support ticket:

1. Start at our support site
  2. Select Meta Quest 2
  3. Left controller
  4. Charging, Tracking, & Pairing
  5. Controller not tracking
  6. This did not solve my issue
  7. Choose how you'd like to contact

Mrcollins2
Honored Guest

My controllers won’t connect to my new meta quest & my meta quest pin to pair my new headset won’t pair at all

Hey there @Mrcollins2! Thank you for reaching out to us! We hate to hear that you are having issues with pairing your controller to your headset and inputting your PIN. We'd be happy to help you out with setting that up. If you are having trouble completing the setup process, here is what you can try: 

1. Open the Meta Quest app on a compatible mobile device. If you don't already have the Meta Quest app, you can download it from either the App Store or Google Play store.
  2. When you open the Meta Quest mobile app, you'll continue the setup process which includes:
    1. Signing in
    2. Setting up a VR profile
    3. Adjusting preferences and privacy settings
    4. Creating a Store PIN
    5. Adding payment information
  3. Once you complete the steps listed above, choose device.
  4. Now, your headset will either pair automatically, or ask for the pairing code that was displayed while you were in-VR.
  5. After your headset is paired, tap Wi-Fi or Controller Issues?, and then select Pair Controllers
  6. Follow the remaining steps displayed in your Meta Quest app to resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, please reach out to our support team through private message. To do so, select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?