cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v53 Firmware made me have issues with my D-link VR Air Bridge- Lagging

Coffeepaws
Protege

Ever since v53 of quest 2 update my D-Link VR Air Bridge is lagging SO badly it's unusable. I have tried all common trouble shooting steps. I can connect to my router using Air Link just fine and it run's well but ever since v53 came out it's been lagging so badly on D-Link VR Air Bridge.

Thanks for any help etc.

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya there @Coffeepaws! We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding your issue with Air Link and D-Link. We are more than happy to lend you an hand with this. To better understand this situation, could you provide me with the following details: 

• Are opted out of PTC
  • Ensure you have updated your drivers 

Please reach out to us if you notice any changes or continue having the same issue. We hope to hear back from you soon! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We're just following up with you to see if you still need assistance. If so, please provide the information from our previous message and we'll assist. We hope you have a great day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have tried opting into and out of the PTC, I have tried completely factory resetting my headset as well as making sure my PC is completely up to date.

The issues are as follows. On v53 and current v54 both have not fixed the issue with the VR Air Bridge from D-link.

I am getting audio distortion and severe lag and stuttering. I have tried lowering the resolution and everything in between to make sure to see if that would help and it did not.

It's incredibly disheartning.

SciborgNinja
Protege

I'm having the same problems and the support has literally only recommended resetting stuff. As if we haven't tried that before... -_-

AliceinVRworld
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey there! I have been seeing this thread for a while and I wish there was more I could provide However, I will be seeing what I can figure out regarding this issue. In addition, I do recommend submitting a bug report regarding the issue everyone is experiencing with D-Link please and thank you. 

If I find anything out I will let you all know. 

We are all mad here.

Pakmilli6970
Honored Guest

i thought i was alone in this im getting stuters adn for some reason whatever im seing is turning into itself and making an x i dont know how else to describe it but audio sounds stuter too ive tried resetting i though maybe there is a firmware update for th  Bridge and got me here 

Hey there, @Pakmilli6970. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your troubles with D=link VR Airbridge. We know how discouraging something like this can be, and we would love to give you a helping hand with your display issues. We would like to provide some troubleshooting steps that we believe may be beneficial to you.

Please try the steps listed here:

Check to make sure nothing is obstructing the line of sight from your headset to VR Air Bridge.
Make sure your headset and whoever is wearing it are near the VR Air Bridge.
Make sure there are no other Wi-Fi devices or other headsets nearby that could be causing interference (ex: other Wi-Fi routers).
Review the Air Link Connection Troubleshooting Guide to see how you can use the benchmarking tool to test and troubleshoot your Wi-Fi connection performance.

If your issue persists, please let us know. We're looking forward to your reply. 

Hello, @Pakmilli6970 ! Just checking in to see if you are still needing assistance with D-link VR Air Bridge that is lagging.  If so, please do reach back out to us at your earliest convenience. Thank you!