cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with the controllers

daxpowell466
Protege

There is something wrong with the controllers the controls are so bad I cannot even finish my map 

The controls keep cycling to different options and deleting stuff in front of me it is very frustrating

could this be a virus or is someone controlling my device ?

maybe it is the battery's I will try to replace them I hope my controllers aren't broken

11 REPLIES 11

daxpowell466
Protege

Why does nobody reply?

I tried changing the battery's it doesn't seem to make a difference 

I think the controllers need replacing the controllers are bad 

ThyRuinedKing
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

I don't believe it's a virus nor someone trying to control your device, the controller may be having an issue recognizing your inputs. Replacing the batteries definitely helps, could you also try to remove the batteries for ten minutes before re-inserting and trying to use them again?

You may need to pair the controller once again, if that hasn't been completed. I'll go ahead and put some steps to unpair your controller.

1. Make sure the headset is turned on, then open the Meta Quest mobile app on the phone.
  2. Tap Menu in the lower right corner
  3. Tap Devices
  4. Tap Headset Settings for the headset that is currently paired
  5. Tap Controllers, then tap the controller you want to unpair
  6. Tap Unpair Controller.

If you continue to have these issues after trying to unpair, please feel free to send a Private Message to MetaQuestSupport or you can also Submit a Ticket. We'll be able to assist further through those two contact channels.

In the time of your life, live - so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

P.S., I can beat you at One Piece TCG and Black Desert Online.

Thanks for reply I had to turn off the device temporarily I will probably try and re pair the controllers later 

I cannot see a way of re pairing my controllers on options

Someone is ruining the controls the controls float and drift around I notice this on rec room 

I cannot access horizon worlds anymore 

@daxpowell466, we hate to hear you're having trouble with the device. You can learn how to pair and unpair the controllers by visiting our website. In addition we see that you are having some issues with drifting so lets go over some things that might help with that. Check that your space is free of obstacles and that the room you're using has good lighting and no RGB lights that could interfere with the sensors. After that, use a microfiber cloth to clean the headset's sensor. If this does not work, restart the headset. Once you try these steps let us know so that we can give you more troubleshooting steps if needed.  

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I am having difficulty finishing my map because the controllers keep acting up !! I'm not sure if someone has switched them with second hand controllers but they seem really cheap and flimsy not as good as a vr controller should be imo

The left controller keeps clicking down the green duplicate button duplicating lots of stuff and this is making me angry and my character keeps moving in the opposite direction the controllers are awful !!! it is as if someone is controlling this thing or there is some malicious program like a virus on this making my controllers act badly

Hey there, @daxpowell466. Thanks for reaching back out and giving us a heads up on the contractors. We would like to have you try a few more steps with your controllers that may be beneficial. 

Please do the following for us:

Are you able to take a video of the drifting you're seeing with your controllers?

We see that you have replaced the batteries, but have you let them out for 30 minutes to allow the firmware to reset?

Did you recalibrate the controllers by resetting the deadzone on the controllers? If not, here is how.

From your headset, select Settings.
Select Controller Settings.
Under Joystick Deadzone and Range, select the joystick you're having an issue with.
Follow the on-screen instructions to recalibrate the joystick deadzones.

Note: When your controllers are turned on, make sure the joysticks are resting in their neutral position.

Let us know how this goes. We are looking forward to your reply.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello, @daxpowell466! Just checking in to see if you are still needing assistance with your controllers. If so, please do reach back out to us at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

beto5770
Honored Guest

Hi my name is Luis and I'm also having the same problems and I'm on my second pair of controllers.  I haven't had the controllers for not even a year and I've tryed everything to fix it but no luck with them. I'm about to give up and stop using it completely . And both pairs have the same problems.