cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterbhanson
Honored Guest

It would be great to be able to get back into a few of my Oculus Go apps on the Quest. I personally purchased quite a few games and apps and I would be delighted to keep them all together on the higher quality Quest.

34 Comments
josiahd
Explorer
Even an Oculus Go app to keep them separate from the more curated Quest experiences would be a great addition.
xpois
Honored Guest
Apps purchased for the Oculus Go should work on Oculus Quest even if it is with a limited functionality. The same way the iPhone apps work on iPad. Android apps work on Chromebook.
Kamakiri77
Honored Guest
See above
xarmanista1
Protege
Also with head tracking with 3 feet of radius, and teleporting to center if surpasses the hitbox. That will reduce motion sickness of oculus go with a trade off: a bit of camera clipping in a few games.
xarmanista1
Protege
Thinking on Oculus legacy app, Oculus TV style for Gear/Go apps exploration Also would give more people at social apps like Venues with cross platform network.
praeclarum
Honored Guest
I hope you will look into this. I have been a long-time fan on the Go and miss my games - the Quest store is so empty right now.
JoshuaJSlone
Expert Protege
It is pretty silly that technically Quest is basically a Super Go, but to continue using the Go library we either have to switch between two different headsets or sideload for partial compatibility since the Touch controllers aren't interpreted as better versions of the Go controller.
EloiStree
Expert Protege
Until they create this option. You can do it with using ADB commands line. I made a tutorial about that : Video: https://youtu.be/8mK8rpMA_nA Step by step: https://github.com/EloiStree/CodeAndQuestsEveryday/issues/134 Enjoy your Go game on the Quest.
ph0t0nv1s10n
Protege
We absolutely should have this. Especially considering that you will have many Quest users who were GearVR / Go users for some time and invested in a library. There is no way we would go back to a dedicated 3DOF system, just makes no sense.
Horkthane
Honored Guest
This is very frustrating. I understand why, they can't assure the compatibility with a lot of Go/Gear VR games with the Quest. But a ton work great, right out of the box, if you just remap the controls. Assuming they don't check entitlements. Not sure if it's because the app entitlements for the Go/Gear VR don't transfer to the Quest, or the Quest doesn't know how to check them, or sideloaded apps don't have the permission to access entitlement data.