cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
casuallynoted
Explorer

The newly announced Quest Pro is a big deal for a lot of people, with tons of new features enabling richer interactions. But why aren’t those same interactions available for users who want the power of a PC behind their VR experiences? Previously, hand tracking was not brought to PC and now all of the additional tracking features shown in Meta Connect are also not available for PC users. While hand tracking may have been excusable as a small feature of a relatively inexpensive headset, at $1500, the Quest Pro needs to treat its professionals better. I’d like to see both stand-alone and PC developers alike be able to tap into the sensing potential of the Quest Pro.

Edit: This post originally mentioned leg tracking, but since Meta faked that presentation using Mocap and it isn’t representative of any product they currently offer, I’ve removed it from the idea.

22 Comments
Kazy
Explorer

Agreed. Am I not going to be able to have face tracking if I'm on my PC working in my professional applications while connected through Link?

intrepidOlivia
Honored Guest

I was excited to purchase a Quest Pro, but without the high-fidelity social features I'm looking for on my PC, there's really no reason to. I want to be able to smile at my friends!! Really hope this is enabled someday.

casuallynoted
Explorer

Exactly, I had one ordered before I learned this and now I’ll probably cancel it.

KeyTryer
Honored Guest

The potential of this device is severely limited if developers and creators can't use these features on the PC. Doesn't seem like a good investment if hand tracking, body tracking and face tracking are locked with the limited standalone processor of the Quest Pro.

D1360VR
Honored Guest

Virtual desktop first and only PCVR connection taht allows us to emulate control using hand tracking,please 1.500 shouldallow eye tracking for PCVR performance

Boredpirate
Honored Guest

The Quest Pro’s short battery life in standalone mode makes this decision particularly concerning. If the Quest Pro can only display a user’s facial expressions and body language for roughly 1-2 hours before requiring a 2 hour recharge, it’s at a significant disadvantage compared to much cheaper videoconferencing software.

AlexiTQ
Adventurer

Haha, so much fail...

tanubon
Heroic Explorer

Yes. This is so important. High-end headset, but it doesn't make difference on PCVR? Laughable.

Statek
Honored Guest

I've been looking forward to this headset for over a year and preordered as soon as the page opened up, but if I can't use face tracking with PC apps, I'll happily cancel/refund my order. This is the one and only reason why I have any interest in this headset whatsoever. 

shannonmccrary
Honored Guest

I just pre-ordered the system, and now may refund... This is 100% a MUST have. I was planning on using this connected directly to my work PC due to the bad batterylife of the system. And it will be pointless if I lose half the use of the hardware when I do.