cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RocketSurgery
Honored Guest

In its current implementation, the Guardian walls are way too overzealous and pop up every time I move, breaking up my view and destroying immersion. The previous Oculus software was much more lenient with when it would display the boundaries. Users should be able to adjust the sensitivity of the Guardian walls instead of being forced to toggle them on or off.

38 Comments
DeadlyMajesty
Protege
Please let us set for the both distance and reaction time. Distance is how close you get to the wall before it appears, reaction time is how quickly it appears after triggering it. If you don't want to expose these settings, the Chaperon sensitivity is just right, please look into that as a starting point.
gsdgsd
Honored Guest
Games are pretty much unplayable with the update now. Except if you like seeing the boundaries all the time.
Anonymous
Not applicable
One guy mentioned that resetting the guardian boundaries will solve the problem. Couldn't try this so far, did you test it?
stoke1863
Honored Guest
yeah, how the Guradian was set up before the update was fine, now it is too sensitive.
Alec_Turner
Protege
Totally agree with this. I have quite a restricted play area (although the area is flagged as moderate my default position, in front of my desk where my chair is, is off to one side) and the grid was up all the time. If we can't tweak the sensitivity I'm just gonna end up turning it off altogether ... which would be a shame.
Hendozero
Explorer
I've reverted back to the old version of Home until this is fixed as playing games with the guardian boundaries going on and off constaly is no fun.
lakuza
Honored Guest
Yeah, guardian walls are way too sensitive with rift core 2.0 . I'm playing in a 2mx1.7m playspace and the walls activate if I move back or forth even a cm so for now I'm having to play with the walls off.
lakuza
Honored Guest
Guardian wall is way too sensitive right now. Playing in a 2mx1.7m area and the walls become visible if I take one small step forward or back. It was perfect before rift core 2.0 so I'm assuming something was changed with the new update.
oculus101
Explorer
redoing the full sensor setup fixed this for me
tale_spinner
Honored Guest
Tried resetting my sensors as some have suggested. Tried a couple of times but no change. Walls still come up if I get within about 2ft of the boundaries. I also notice whenever the walls show up while I'm in Farlands I start getting some stuttering.