cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CircuitLord
Protege
I feel like it might be really cool to have a custom virtual assistant. Maybe even one we could program ourselves to automate different things we might do. Me: *arrives at home* AI: "Welcome home, sir." Me: "Thank you. Please play my new playlist." AI: "Of course." *starts playing music* Me: "What's the weather like?" AI: *Holograms on wall show* AI: "It is currently 40 degrees outside, don't forget a coat."
7 Comments
Gadget73
Protege
Bonus points if that assistant looks like Max Headroom 🙂
Iglus
Honored Guest
That would be cool, but facebook/oculus would have to invest millions into developing a working speech recognition and AI for a cool assistant that would quickly become annoying.
dylanhauschen
Honored Guest
This would be awesome! I think facebook already has a working AI / speech recog
Zelaf
Explorer
There's already cortana, I don't see a point in having this when you can just say "Hey Cortana, how's the weather?".
carl_tiedtke
Honored Guest
I don't understand why neither Oculus nor Valve are implementing some living objects or creatures withing their Homes. Valve has the robot dog inside "The Lab", why don't make it available in their version of Home? The fairy tree inside Oculus Home is nice, as is the jellyfish aquarium, but they are rather static. I want to see something alive, that maybe even evolves over time.
austinolsen98
Explorer
I would love this feature. We should also be able to choose between different voices.
CircuitLord
Protege
UPDATE: It looks like facebook/oculus is looking into doing this, you can learn more about it here: https://uploadvr.com/facebook-ai-assistant/