cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch Pad must go on. ^^

Anonymous
Not applicable
A. LEAP motion testing

I installed LEAP motion controller on my desktop and test it. I am going to use this controller as a user input devices.
If I could get a Rift or Vive bundle package included Headset, positon sensors, nVidia GTX 970~10xx GPU machine,
I plan to attach LEAP controller and Orion package for hands interactions. Addtionally, I share LEAPmotion VR Guidelines as the attached pdf file. Moreover, I forked LEAPmotion assets from their GitHub repository.

819a5hidmr1k.png
0ltclrydzix6.pngxlpzfeclec59.png

B. Oculus Rift Demo with Henry (Emmy Award Winner)

Congratulations, StoryStudio!
In September 16, I attended IPP(Innovation Partnership Program)'s VR event at zSpace, Sunnyvale as a volunteer demo assistant for UPLOAD VR. I was assigned to demo Oculus Rift to play VR narrative story Henry and Invasion to 30 international business leaders.
In addition, I met Yelena Rachitsky, Creative Producer of StoryStudio who gave us insight about immersive storytelling. It was very gladsome encounter. The founder of SVVR, Karl Krantz's presentation was very informative.

rdvv6q6b9b23.jpggjw1kbl3wsem.jpg6lesbcru5b5f.jpg2ktzqjw5pjh4.jpg

C. WebVR testing and Unreal Engine installation (for downloading Henry real scene)

A VR prototyping class in my master degree program, I coded A-frame Web VR. Though it was very simple work for cardboard, I believe that such a basic and experimental WebVR platform can be an influencial mobile VR platform near future. 
You can try this very simple 360 degree WebVR scene by this link: jikkim.com/AAU/Fall2016/WNM499/square.html and Cardboard.
oz6jnr5mzqd0.png

Furthermore, according to this article about Henry (https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/henry-wins-an-emmy-learn-how-oculus-made-the-animated-vr-experience), I installed Unreal Engine 4.13 and reinstall MS Visual Community 2015, and forked GitHub repository provided by Unreal Engine (Epic Games.) UI/UX of UE4 was a little more simplified and gamelike than Unity3D to me.

xt4jelbi7jw4.pngk268276vak17.png
jfm6l1dmdzw2.png

I am going to keep posting my project progress regardless of Scholarship proposal stage (May21-Aug27). Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

3DNegro
Protege
"I am going to keep posting my project progress regardless of Scholarship..."  A true spirit of excellence.