cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VRX Oculus Blog Week 10 (360° Homelessness Documentary)

VRXconnect
Explorer
This has been a great week.  The Midnight Mission definitely yielded more fruits than expected.  I was able to get some great footage and meet with my developer to see what we can pull off in the last minute.  Hoping we can get all of our ideas into the build this week.

After 3 visits I was finally able to snag an interview and tour of the Midnight Mission.  I was able to get 2 interviews from their leadership and they were excellent.  They gave me the history, what the mission was trying to do and even gave me a bit about themselves.  I was really able to meet a lot of the staff and a lot of them were unfamiliar with VR....so I brought out the headset and got them acquainted.

The Midnight Mission allowed me to pretty much film all of their facility except for the recovery area, where men and women can go to stay to get back on their feet.  In fact, the had so many facilities I was flabbergasted.  They had a library, computer lab, lunchroom, gym and even a barbershop in the building!  I was able to help out a few times through out the day and really had a lot of fun.  The staff, volunteers and management were all so high spirited.  They even had me stick around for their talent show in which anyone could come in and perform.  I was amazed how well the Skidrow community was responding to their programming, but its so obvious to anyone there that the Midnight Mission is really there to help.

I was able to look at in-app purchases to see if we could pull that off but I'm wondering if it's possible.  I'm hoping we can come up with something to put in the app, even if only an example of what the in-app donation system will be like.  We also did a little Reaper/Spatial Audio training.  Not sure if it's worth investing too much time to get that in this experience but we'll see.

msjot9o1svpj.jpg

This week's major goal is to finally get my interview with Tiffany from My Friend's House LA and get a tour/interview at the LGBT Center for youth.

Hope everyone's projects have been going well and that they're proud of their accomplishments so far!  Saw a fellow Launchpadder at YouTube Space LA this week as well.

Good luck to everyone in your endeavors and I wish you abundance!!

-Jonathan Williams (VRX)
0 REPLIES 0