cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus home opening instead of deployed app

JonnyClangers
Honored Guest
Sporadically, instead of the deployed game (started via the app icon), I'm getting booted into oculus home instead. Sadly this is before I can actually get a debugger to connect, so I've been hunting though logcat, and this suspicious chunk appears when it happens:

V/VRSVC   ( 6070): at (MonoActivity.java:95) onStop() [onStop()]
W/System.err( 975): java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=1; index=1
W/System.err( 975): at com.android.server.wm.MultiWindowPointerEventListener.getApplicationName(MultiWindowPointerEventListener.java:324)
W/System.err( 975): at com.android.server.wm.MultiWindowPointerEventListener.startResizing(MultiWindowPointerEventListener.java:385)
W/System.err( 975): at com.android.server.wm.WindowManagerService$H.handleMessage(WindowManagerService.java:10044)
W/System.err( 975): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
W/System.err( 975): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:146)
W/System.err( 975): at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)
E/TAG ( 975): getApplicationName is error:Starting com.oculus.home

I've double checked my application manifest within my Unity project, and the project boots correctly about 95% of the time, so I'm not sure it's a configuration issue. This seems to be happening in the hand off from the gear vr mode init code to the actual unity app.

Is anyone else seeing this? Or can tell me what getApplicationName is referring to in this context?

Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

ndreamsprod
Honored Guest
I believe this is something to do with signature files. Make sure you have the latest SDK (0.4.3) and ensure you have follow the guidelines on creating a developer signature.