cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User reviews

drash
Heroic Explorer
Now that we have user reviews, I notice a 1-star review for one of my apps:

"Despues de que se actualizara la aplicacion de oculus cada vez que intento descargar alguna aplicacion no me permite realizar dicha descarga en segundo plano y tengo que empezar de nuevo cada vez que se bloquea el telefono"

I carefully typed all this out into Google Translate and this is what I get:

"After the application of oculus is updated whenever you try to download an application does not allow me to make such download in the background and have to start over every time you hang up the phone"

If I understand correctly, he is saying that after the recent big Oculus System Activities update, he's no longer able to start a download and have it complete in the background. And this is showing up as a 1-star review on MY APP, why? This is the kind of review I'd expect to see on Google Play, where 1-star reviews are generously handed out for something that is well beyond the control of the developer.

If there's anything at all that can be done to mitigate this on the premium Gear VR platform, every developer would very much appreciate it! Main thing I can think of is allowing reviews to be rated up/down as helpful.

Thanks for listening. 🙂
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com
1 REPLY 1

Serk
Explorer
Agreed with that.

Also, though it hasn't happened to me, I've noticed some games that are rated in the 4-5 stars range are displaying a 1 star review as the most prominent one just because it is the newest of them, even though it's a clear outlier that doesn't match what most people think of the game.

I don't know if that's how other stores work too, but I'd suggest taking the difference from the average rating as a factor when sorting reviews, so that the top ones (the ones displayed in the game's page itself) are more in sync with the overall impression of the game.

Another issue I found is that the store seems to be showing reviews made in any language, so I'm seeing, say, german reviews even when my config is in english.