cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have trouble with Oculus Go disappearing from 'adb devices'?

SC_Nicholas
Explorer
I'm on Windows. Using "CodeWorks for Android 1R6u1" as my Android environment (as recommended for Unreal Engine).

I can successfully see my Oculus Go in my "adb devices" list and communicate with it through Unreal Engine 4, however after I unplug / plug the USB cable it will never show back up under "adb devices". I have to manually enter a "adb kill-server & adb start-server" command, and then the next cable insert will successfully show the device.

Anyone else experiencing this? It's annoying to do this song and dance every time the device is unplugged.
51 REPLIES 51

aweidenhammer
Protege
Yes, I've just started today, and I'm having no luck getting the Go to recognize as an authorized adb device no matter how many rsa keys I accept.  Driving me crazy.  

SC_Nicholas
Explorer

Yes, I've just started today, and I'm having no luck getting the Go to recognize as an authorized adb device no matter how many rsa keys I accept.  Driving me crazy.  

Are you on Windows? Sometimes I have to do black magic like "adb kill-server" multiple times until it is actually dead, and only then "adb start-server" and THEN plug in the Go. This is after accepting the RSA key permanently inside the headset itself.

Boggles my mind there is so much difficulty here. I'm on a newly formatted Windows 10 machine with no other weirdness installed other than Unreal and CodeWorks for Android. I also experience this on a different Windows 10 machine.

Maybe CodeWorks is the problem?

Kdragos
Protege
I'm seeing the same problem. I'm not using CodeWorks. I'm also on a Windows machine. I've already permanently accepted the RSA key. I've seen the device show up a few times, but not any more. I've tried the kill and start server commands but no luck. 😞 

sinoth
Honored Guest

Kdragos said:

I'm seeing the same problem. I'm not using CodeWorks. I'm also on a Windows machine. I've already permanently accepted the RSA key. I've seen the device show up a few times, but not any more. I've tried the kill and start server commands but no luck. 😞 

Try this... and I know it's ridiculous, but I have pretty good luck with this sequence.

Plug in the USB cable
If it doesn't show up under "adb devices", do the following:
  1. Close Unreal/Unity
  2. Click the "Safely remove hardware and eject media" system tray icon (the one that looks like a USB stick) and select Eject VR Headset
  3. Wait 10 seconds
  4. Issue an "adb kill-server" command
  5. Wait a few seconds
  6. Kill the server a second time to make sure it's dead...
  7. Issue an "adb start-server" command
  8. Wait a few seconds
  9. Pray
  10. Plug in the headset
  11. HOPEFULLY it shows up now
  12. DON'T UNPLUG THE HEADSET, EVER AGAIN

Once it shows up it seems to be stable. I've had good luck developing on the device. It's just crazy how fragile the interface seems to be 😕 I'm not sure if the problem is with the Go, the driver, or the Android framework.

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer
+1 @Sinoth - you're 11 steps work. Step 12 will fail Im afraid. Would be nice if there was a step by step list for developers for the Unreal Engine (and Unity) that we could follow to get something simple working (Android version, project settings etc etc).

GEMISIS
Adventurer
Running into issues with this as well. Created a new thread for mine, but not sure if anyone else is having issues authorizing their PC for development. Followed the guide provided here, but still no luck 😞

aweidenhammer
Protege
I've been trying to post my answer for days, but this strange forum won't let me.

aweidenhammer
Protege
There, now that that test worked.  I found the problem was with the Oculus adb drivers.  Uninstall them.  Instead, use the samsung usb drivers.  I had a post all written up with links and everything, but this forum wouldn't let me post it.  I have no idea why. 

aweidenhammer
Protege
"Your comment will appear after it is approved"

That's what I get every time I try to paste a link.  Oh well, good luck!