cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth 4.0 with Oculus Go

Zucchini_Fred
Explorer
Hi Everybody,

I'm working on developing an experience for Oculus Go which will use an external Bluetooth 4.0 Sensor. Is there a way I can pair this with the Oculus Go and access the data? Will I have to write an android plugin? Is it pairable through the app? Please let me know.

Thank You
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mouse_bear
Retired Support
@Zucchini_Fred That, unfortunately, we can't give guidance on right now as it's currently an unsupported use case.
If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our platform or integrations:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
2. Please submit a ticket here through the "Contact Us" link (include what you've gathered in step 1).
3. Tag me @mouse_bear once you have done so!

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Zucchini_Fred
Explorer
@imperativity  Can you offer any help?

mouse_bear
Retired Support
@Zucchini_Fred

At the moment, we only official support Bluetooth pairing with gamepads on the Oculus Go. Should this change, we'll be sure to let our community know.
If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our platform or integrations:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
2. Please submit a ticket here through the "Contact Us" link (include what you've gathered in step 1).

Zucchini_Fred
Explorer
@NinjaGaijin

Do you know if it is possible to pair with an unsupported Bluetooth device through an Android Plugin in a Unity Projected?

mouse_bear
Retired Support
@Zucchini_Fred That, unfortunately, we can't give guidance on right now as it's currently an unsupported use case.

junkiattan
Honored Guest
@Zucchini_Fred

Hey man, did you manage to find a solution to connect an external Bluetooth sensor to Oculus Go? I happen to need this functionality for a project too and was wondering how you managed to solve your issue;)

rez_archer
Honored Guest
Just wanted to bump this topic... I think a lot of people would like expanded support for Bluetooth devices.  Is there a timeline on when this will be available?  I happen to need this functionality for a project too.  We are planning on thinking outside of the box aren't we?  Can we cut the Gordian knot on this one?

RuptureGames
Protege
I was able to pair a Bluetooth keyboard.  I did this through the phone app, it required me to put headset on and it instructed me to enter the displayed code and press enter.  When I did this the app on my phone said "Bluetooth keyboard paired".  My initial testing shows that only the esc key responds in apps.  

askr217
Honored Guest
Hi guys, when i try to connect my Mi Max 2 phone, it was not able to connect with oculus Go...All other phone detecting the Serial & can connect further  but Mi Max 2 not able to detect Oculus , I even switched  off on Bluetooth & rebooted  phone, but end up with message  try again... I have tried all tips in try again page put no use...can you please help... 

daniel_krafft_5
Honored Guest
Yeah this is an important issue to me as well asa lot of other people it seems. I would love to see this feature supported because bluetooth is important to my project