cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Uploading APK to Release Channel

tasfunk
Protege
I'm trying to upload my apk and I'm getting an error, I have no idea why.  
It's telling me it's the wrong format, but as far as I can tell it's not.

Can anyone shed some light on the problem?  Thank you
Flight.apk: Incorrect file format. Please select a file with one of the following types: application/vnd.android.package-archive, .apk
6 REPLIES 6

mediaup
Explorer
Me too, can't solve it, trying to upload it since the day before yesterday. Any luck? Answers?

mediaup
Explorer

tspree15 said:

Flight.apk: Incorrect file format. Please select a file with one of the following types: application/vnd.android.package-archive, .apk

When trying to upload it with OVR Platform from Unity it says - Can't fetch initial upload config.

ruud3DV
Protege
Same error here, but managed to upload to a channel using the command line ovr-platform-util:
using:
ovr-platform-util upload-mobile-build --app_id <app ID> --app_secret <app secret> --apk <path to apk> --channel <channelname>

mediaup
Explorer

ruud3DV said:

Same error here, but managed to upload to a channel using the command line ovr-platform-util:
using:
ovr-platform-util upload-mobile-build --app_id <app ID> --app_secret <app secret> --apk <path to apk> --channel <channelname>

When I run the ovr-platform-util it just shows black windows for a sec and it's gone. They said that the Unity ovr integration 18 has built-in util in Oculus-Platform but when I try to upload it from there it just shows the error: Can't fetch initial upload config

mediaup
Explorer
I managed to get command up and running but now this error:

Logs are written to: C:\Users\media\AppData\Local\Temp\oc_cli_3337373606296486_2020-11-23T15-08-13-055Z.log

ERROR: APK not found: F:\DESK_NOVO\CUBEroll_APK_FINAL\CUBEroll.apk

mediaup
Explorer

tspree15 said:

When uploading it with Microsoft Edge you get a different error -

You are uploading a large build of size 323.72 MB. The maximum size allowed for uploading builds through Web for Mobile platform is 200 MB.

Large APKs up to 1 GB should be uploaded using platform command line, which uploads the builds much faster, and safer.

For apps with size 5GB+ you can use...
Here is an example of uploading your build using the tool:
./ovr-platform-util upload-mobile-build --app-id  --app-secret <app-secret> --apk <path-to-apk> --channel <release-channel> // Optional fields: --assets-dir <path-to-DLCs-dir> --obb <path-to-OBB>

The trick with command line was that I needed to put .apk at the end of build path, and use secret token ( not user token ) and it worked.