cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep developing for Oculus Go... Does it make sense?

valerioPavanVR
Honored Guest

Hello,

I'm an indie developer and I need some advice.

I have been working on a VR game for two years with Unity3D and tested it constantly on my Oculus go.

I recently heard that Oculus go will no longer be on the market. 

Does it make sense to keep on developing my VR game for this headset?

Or should I buy a Quest and adapt my Unity project to it?

Thanks,

Valerio.

3 REPLIES 3

Magnus81
Explorer
Buying a Quest and adapting it is a good Idea but finish it for the go also. Even if you can't release it in the oculus store sidequest is still an option to get apps on the go

Truthveyor
Expert Protege
Here on https://developer.oculus.com/go/ it says:

"December 4th, 2020. This is the last day to submit new Oculus Go applications. We recommend submitting your Go app before December 4th, 2020 to ensure your application successfully passes the Mobile VRCscontent policy and publishing reviews. If you need to make any updates to your existing app, including any changes to metadata, these must be entered by December 4th, 2020."

Also

"After submitting your Go application, consider submitting your concept for access to publish on the Oculus Quest store. Be sure to keep in mind that you must provide a concept document for us to review before you can access the store submission process, and non-public development resources."

BLANX.de
Protege
Does this also apply to the release channels? We use them for internal productions or can we still publish to them beyond that date?