cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVR Lint marks diffuse and unlit mobile shaders as if they weren't single pass

Brainlogin
Protege
Why is OVR Lint telling me "Please use materials with 2 or less passes" and listing materials that already have single pass shaders such as Unity's Mobile / Diffuse or Mobile / Unlit? Is this a bug in OVR Lint or should I be concerned about it? Looks like I just can't find any shaders at all that wouldn't be reported by OVR Lint as having more than 2 passes.

I'm using Unity 5.5.3f, platform android (Gear VR).
9 REPLIES 9

InnerExodus
Adventurer
Hi,

I am currently looking into this and will advise you on what information I find that is applicable to your situation.

Brainlogin
Protege
@InnerExodus
Thank you. A little additional info I can provide is that the only shaders OVR Lint is not complaining about are the particle shaders. But of course that doesn't help as I'm trying to find shaders for my game objects, not particles. It doesn't explain why Mobile Diffuse, Unlit or Vertex Lit trigger the warnings but I thought it may be relevant to mention...

Claytonious
Explorer
Did anybody ever find an answer to this question? OVRLint is flagging all of my Mobile/Diffuse shaders this way in Unity 2017.3b8.

firagabird
Adventurer
@krisventure

S7 Exynos Nougat. 2017 Gear VR. Public test channel.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any update on this?

Florian.BRINK
Protege
Any update on this?

Berashith
Honored Guest
Any update on this?

andrei_bosco
Honored Guest
Still looking for a explanation/resolution on this (Unity 2019.2.17f1, Oculus Integration 12, OVR 1.44).
## Edit
I think I've found the issue: the OVRLint.cs script is checking if passCount is > 1 as if it started counting from 0, but afaik passCount starts counting from 1.
Here's a quick fix: go to OVRLint.cs line 703 and change materials.passCount > 1 to materials.passCount > 2

fletcherkildren
Explorer
So, I have this issue too - and looking at andrei's suggestion, my OVRLint script is already set to that. Hmm...