cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus GO + Unity : ARM64 Build Issue

RitchJ
Honored Guest
I’ve successfully built an ARMv7 project – an architectural walkthrough – installed and run it on the device.
Tried doing the same for ARM64 using IL2CPP in Unity 2018.2.1f.
There were no apparent build or install issues but the project refused to run correctly.

Symptoms :-
No Splash Image shown whilst loading.
Camera frozen at spawn point with LeftEye and RightEye both divergent outwards from correct position.
Controller unresponsive necessitating Oculus GO ‘Restart’.

I assume that the GO is 64-bit compatible?
Any advice would be appreciated – as, regretfully, I’m a visual designer rather than developer and new to Android.
8 REPLIES 8

aquaSun123
Honored Guest
Also seeing this on unity 2018.2

motorsep
Rising Star
From what I remember both Gear VR and Go are ARMv7 only (32-bit) and ARM64 isn't supported. I might have outdated info.

aquaSun123
Honored Guest
This is what adb says if you run it with logcat.  SystemInfo CPU = ARM64 FP ASIMD AES, Cores = 4, Memory = 2771mb

motorsep
Rising Star

This is what adb says if you run it with logcat.  SystemInfo CPU = ARM64 FP ASIMD AES, Cores = 4, Memory = 2771mb

Right, that's Android system. Oculus software is 32-bit from what I recall.

aquaSun123
Honored Guest

motorsep said:

Yeah, I think we're saying the same thing. The hardware is 64 bit capable but the software is not up to date. Probably since unity just released that feature. Any plans from oculus to update?

aquaSun123
Honored Guest

motorsep said:

Yeah, I think we're saying the same thing. The hardware is 64 bit capable but the software is not up to date. Probably since unity just released that feature. Any plans from oculus to update?

Thunderbox_Ent
Protege
Thanks for the info - that's good to know!

Sorry to necro this thread, but wondering is Go / GearVR 64 bit compatible now or not?