cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use GearVrController with Selection Ray - Unity

davidbeloosesky
Explorer
Hi, I figure out how to add a GearVrController to a scene.
(Adding a OVRCameraRig, and Add GearVRController under the RightHandAnchor)
The controller follows the hand movements. 

But how can I add a selection options + a ray from the device to the scene?
I mean a ray that can select item, like in the Oculus store below:

z55w50ytmdyp.png

43 REPLIES 43

riftar
Honored Guest
how can i show pointer from remote avatar? since it doesn't have tracking space. I want to use this pointer on a multiplayer scene

Bvis2017
Honored Guest
I know this thread is a little old but it is still very useful! I have one question...

In the example, you have one "OnHoverEnter" function. What if I have multiple spots of interest and when I hover on them I want them all to have separate functions? Right now, if even if I write separate functions they all activate. 

For example - Sphere onHoverEnter - turn blue, Cube onHoverEnter - turn yellow (or anything else)

Thank you for putting this great resource together!

Sreee47
Honored Guest
HI,

I am trying to develop with the latest version of the oculus integration i.e 1.37. But by following the tutorials given here I am not able to reach the goal. I wanted to implement a laser and a reticle and then interact with 3d and ui elements using the latest version of sdk i.e 1.37. Can any one help me out with some documentation or steps for the same.

Thanks

6a6179
Honored Guest

Sreee47 said:

HI,

I am trying to develop with the latest version of the oculus integration i.e 1.37. But by following the tutorials given here I am not able to reach the goal. I wanted to implement a laser and a reticle and then interact with 3d and ui elements using the latest version of sdk i.e 1.37. Can any one help me out with some documentation or steps for the same.

Thanks

Trying to do a similar thing.

I managed to get a laser pointer effect through several YouTube tutorials however there was a bug with detecting objects 100% so i deleted the gaze gameobject and couldn't retrieve it so I'm now stuck again 😄