cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Unreal 4.17, I can't get a VR app to launch on my Samsung Note 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried getting an answer in a few places, but I think it's now down to a problem on the device side.

My app is building correctly, and if I build it wrong (e.g., arm64) it WILL launch, but monoscopic.

The correctly-built app (arm7) installs without a problem, but it can not be launched. Tapping the icon does nothing.

I have my osig file in three different places (java/assets for the project, and for the Engine on the PC, and then in /sdcard/oculus/ on the device).

I'm not getting any error message or anything-- if I launch using Unreal's ProjectLauncher, it goes through all the steps happily, but the last step ("Launching on Android_ASTC@[my device id]"), it hangs up. The Output Log just keeps displaying "<>c__DisplayClass60_0.<RunClientWithServer>b__0: Waiting for server to start....
" over and over again, infinitely.

Can some kind, kind soul tell me what's missing, or why this might be happening? I've looked all over the place. Unreal's relevant documentation is a few generations old-- and I can't enable debug mode for Oculus on the device, because that stuff has changed.
0 REPLIES 0